The Henry Single Shot .308 is DONE!!! Meet Ol' Cottonmouth! Ready to STRIKE...☠️

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Howdy, mens!

My little Henry finally showed up, and my Old School Single Shot Project is underway.

I gotta say I am happy with it. This is a NICE piece of shooting equipment folks!

Wood is pretty, it has a nice heft to it, everything operates very smoothly, it points nice, balances well, and if they had problems with previous triggers, nobody told this rifle!!

I don't have a gauge, but my finger says it's a crispy four pounds. Plenty good for a huntin' gun!!

I fired five different rounds just for a function check, and guys I sure wish I could still see good enough to use this thing as is, with no scope.

Because I sure would.

I did a little trimming on, and installed the butt cuff cartridge holder, installed my moccasin hide sling, and hammer spur.

I'm going to take tip from @Jester896 and try the spur facing left, as a righty. Five shots in, I like it...

Still waiting on my Talley mount, but here's some pics to look at while we wait on the postal service...

IMG_20220426_174229241.jpg

IMG_20220426_174141101.jpg

IMG_20220426_173913381.jpg

IMG_20220426_173949411.jpg

Y'all look close, and see who can find my extra "old school" touch...

I'll add to this when the scope mount arrives, and I get it put together and sighted.

If every rifle is supposed to have a name, I guess this one will be called...

Ol' Cottonmouth...

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Howdy, mens!

My little Henry finally showed up, and my Old School Single Shot Project is underway.

I gotta say I am happy with it. This is a NICE piece of shooting equipment folks!

Wood is pretty, it has a nice heft to it, everything operates very smoothly, it points nice, balances well, and if they had problems with previous triggers, nobody told this rifle!!

I don't have a gauge, but my finger says it's a crispy four pounds. Plenty good for a huntin' gun!!

I fired five different rounds just for a function check, and guys I sure wish I could still see good enough to use this thing as is, with no scope.

Because I sure would.

I did a little trimming on, and installed the butt cuff cartridge holder, installed my moccasin hide sling, and hammer spur.

I'm going to take tip from @Jester896 and try the spur facing left, as a righty. Five shots in, I like it...

Still waiting on my Talley mount, but here's some pics to look at while we wait on the postal service...

View attachment 1148488

View attachment 1148489

View attachment 1148491

View attachment 1148490

Y'all look close, and see who can find my extra "old school" touch...

I'll add to this when the scope mount arrives, and I get it put together and sighted.

If every rifle is supposed to have a name, I guess this one will be called...

Ol' Cottonmouth...
Nice setup,glad you’re happy with it

Dub

Glad it made it safe & sound.

Sorry about the USPS shennanigans....hopefully they'll act right and get the Talley mounts to you soon.

Sharp looking rifle and an outstanding cartridge, too.

turkeykirk

Nice rifle.

MAM65

Good looking rifle in a good caliber, all you need now is to find a good knife to pair it with for huntin season.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Ding-Ding, Winner!

180gr Round Nose Soft Points, like my Daddy used to shoot!

I've killed many a critter with them, and they always perform very well!!

An Old School Gun needs an Old School Bullet...

So many options afforded by this gun....1/10" twist and no magazine to restrict your bullet seating.

You can load her big & bad all day long. (y)

Reactions: rmp

frankwright

Looks really nice, I like that butt cuff.

My trigger was measured at 4lbs. I changed the spring and it is now at 3lbs but I need to shoot it for reliability. I had to get higher rings as my hammer would not clear anywhere and now will need a cheek riser.
The stock wood right at the frame was not evenly spaced but not terrible.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I may have a box of those bullets if you need them

Thanky-sir, that's mighty kind...

As it happens, I ordered in a hunnerd rounds the other day. Caught em on sale at a reasonable price of $26 a box.

Once sighted, I will only use em on critters, so probably a season's supply at least...:LOL: