What opening day food source

Garnto88

What opening day food sources will you be hunting on opening day? It’s crabapples for me as of right now.. subject to change.

Corn and feeders don’t fit in this category.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’m looking into swampbottoms. They move in there all day. The bottom is surround by a 2 year cut. It’s full of green.
Not sure if any acorns are falling yet. I’m in a hour glass neck down area. Good trails.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
i have swamp oaks (chestnut,sawtooth leaf) falling pretty good right now. Bad news is they are scattered all through the bottoms. They left the corn in front of the cameras about a week ago.

deast1988

I'm on a ridge top, have some loaded pin oaks a big green field. White oaks everywhere. There's trails every which way Trail cam shows lots of movement between 6:15 an dark. Goin to let it ride opening evening.

XJfire75

Morning will be a IC pea plot with mineral lick and feeder on it along a creek bottom with bedding in a 2 year old clear cut and evening will be huge live oak covered in acorns and muscadines that I have several deer using before dark

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Persimmons if they are falling , haven’t checked yet , if not will probably be a corn feeder , been having a lot of daylight pics of does and a couple decent bucks hanging around about every day

bownutz

Was going to be a feeder but found a persimmon thicket near thick pines in a unused portion of the farm. Going to be hard to beat the deer to a food source in the am. I've got a pretty nice buck mornings and evenings at a bait site by a small pond. No way I would try to morning hunt it right now. STC_1027.JPG

PappyHoel

oldfella1962

Not sure about the deer, but I know I can't pass up ripe muscadines!

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Checked the ripe muscadines on Stone Mountain this morning...bumped a buck and doe out from under them