Where’s the bucks?

HughW2

Seems like some fairly light postings of success. Philinlucky, Krizia and a few others, but usually it seems we have a lot more posts following an opening day weekend. I was not in the woods this weekend; first opening day I have missed in decades. My son got married, so with good reason!

rstallings1979

Seems like some fairly light postings of success. Philinlucky, Krizia and a few others, but usually it seems we have a lot more posts following an opening day weekend. I was not in the woods this weekend; first opening day I have missed in decades. My son got married, so with good reason!
Dang dad....you let your son get married on the opener? We saw pretty good movement all weekend. A couple of nice bucks as well. My son had a classmate hunting with him all weekend and we were trying to get him a buck. He took a shot at one but it appears he missed.

krizia829

I wasn't able to make it up to GA for rifle opener, but I'll be there in November. Hoping to have luck with a buck then! I'm sure the posts will start coming in. Processor in our area has had lots of does coming in the last 2 weeks or so.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I noticed that too. It’s fun to see how many folks are logged into this forum. To see 200+ has become normal. This am I expected to see a bunch of dead deer and smiling faces. When I logged in it said 437…..really? I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that Many.

earlthegoat2

Maybe folks are getting a little wiser about the pictures of deer they post.

I like looking at the different bucks taken myself but I don’t post any and I understand why others might not.

I know of a few folks here who take part in discussions here often who shot decent bucks on opening day and “oddly” they did not post them here.

DynamicDennis

I like looking at the different bucks taken myself but I don’t post any and I understand why others might not.

I know of a few folks here who take part in discussions here often who shot decent bucks on opening day and “oddly” they did not post them here.
That is the way its going. If I didn't enjoy this forum so much, I would not post any pictures. I just feel obligated to post, but that feeling is waning.

chrislibby88

Only saw does this weekend, and the neighbors dogs trailing a fawn. Had to run them back home. Lol. Bear forum was the same early season. Oddly lacking in success stories.

HughW2

Dang dad....you let your son get married on the opener? We saw pretty good movement all weekend. A couple of nice bucks as well. My son had a classmate hunting with him all weekend and we were trying to get him a buck. He took a shot at one but it appears he missed.
As father of groom I had no say in the matter. Mother and Father of bride made all the plans. They are Dogs fans so I think this weekend being an off weekend for Dawgs was more important in terms of plans!

HughW2

I can understand not giving location of kill; but how about a pic at least!

Buford_Dawg

I think many long time posters have stopped posting any harvest pictures. Sad, but it is what it is. I can guarantee you there were lots of nice bucks taken this weekend and lots of does with the allowance of doe days all season in most counties.

earlthegoat2

I can understand not giving location of kill; but how about a pic at least!

I have already given away my location in previous posts. So have many others. I also say that I shoot a lot of does. And I do.

ucfireman

I wonder if the younger folks are posting on FB.
Seems looking at posts on here its a relatively older crowd.
Me included, I don't do FB or any other social mess.
This is the most social media I do.

Or maybe the crowd is getting smaller. I hear the younger folks aren't getting into hunting and the older we get the fewer there are of us.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Slow around me and few shots heard

Generally in my area we are getting pre rut but bucks were not traveling

After the rain Friday only saw one scrape opened back up on Saturday

Turkeys were more active and vocal than they were during the past spring

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
As father of groom I had no say in the matter. Mother and Father of bride made all the plans. They are Dogs fans so I think this weekend being an off weekend for Dawgs was more important in terms of plans!

Many messed up hunts to go due to anniversaries.