Where is the "hog shooters" section?

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
Where is the hogshooters section

People are amazing. If you don't want to read about it then why not just skip the post ?

Duhhh! This "Ain't" the hog hunting forum, bubba.

seaweaver

That's probably a better summation of my thoughts tet.
There are some that are worthwhile reading. But the bulk is: showed up, let them loose, we got um, we left.
I've done it w/ my dogs. It's a hee haw time.
Is it Hunting? I guess so...
I see it as the same as a Man drive for deer. A "catch all" social event.
As a stalker, there is nothing in reading any of that that interests me or can help me improve my tactics.
Perhaps a dog emoticon and/or a gun emoticon for topic headers would help those of us still interested in the spotting/stalking/ambushing/stand patience tactics ...differentiate and sort through between the two styles.
I do rather dislike sub-cats... But give those guys 3 different dog head emoticons to choose from...and I'll bet they use them.
cw

dtala

you could always start yer own website on stalk hunting hogs and end all the confusion and frustration...;)

Russ Toole

I had been thinking the same thing and even sent a post to a mod, but got no answer. It seems the last 1-1.5 yrs the hog doggers have taken over the hog hunting forum, to the point where I dont even bother going in there much anymore. No problem i guess, I just asked the mod if another hog hunting forum could be started, for hog hunting without dogs. no answer.
Just looked at the first page only of hog hunting forum a total of 150 posts, of those 96 were about dog hunting hogs. I don't think it would be all that involved to just add a hog dog forum, then people wouldnt have to weed through endless posts of something there not interested in. It would serve both sides well.

Last edited:

Robk

032.jpg

hog shooter here.

seaweaver

Camp swampy hog? No dogs allowed there.
Did you post a story? If you did in the current hog section it would be lost. The only way anyone could tell you are a stalker(or used to be?) is seeing your name.

cw

vonnick52

So....I think am starting to get the picture....you guys are upset because you don't get enough attention and enough "Good jobs!" and "Nice hog!" when you post a picture of a hog you shot? The dog hunters just keep on talking dogs and your kill photo gets buried with only two or three responses and your pride is hurt?

I just see absolutely no reason to separate the forums. Do we have a deer dogging forum on here? Is there a predator hunting with dogs forum? No, everybody just gets along. I understand feeling a little "outnumbered," but, this is just the internet fellas.

I stalked and shot a rabbit last fall, can I have a "Bunny Stalkers" forum?

seaweaver

So....I think am starting to get the picture....you guys are upset because you don't get enough attention and enough "Good jobs!" and "Nice hog!" when you post a picture of a hog you shot? The dog hunters just keep on talking dogs and your kill photo gets buried with only two or three responses and your pride is hurt?

I just see absolutely no reason to separate the forums. Do we have a deer dogging forum on here? Is there a predator hunting with dogs forum? No, everybody just gets along. I understand feeling a little "outnumbered," but, this is just the internet fellas.

No...you are not getting it at all.
There are two distinctly different tactics involved. Two different mentalities.
I want to see/read/learn from the people who approach it like me, And I do not want to wade through a kennel to find them.
It's that simple.
cw

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I had been thinking the same thing and even sent a post to a mod, but got no answer. It seems the last 1-1.5 yrs the hog doggers have taken over the hog hunting forum, to the point where I dont even bother going in there much anymore. No problem i guess, I just asked the mod if another hog hunting forum could be started, for hog hunting without dogs. no answer.
Just looked at the first page only of hog hunting forum a total of 150 posts, of those 96 were about dog hunting hogs. I don't think it would be all that involved to just add a hog dog forum, then people wouldnt have to weed through endless posts of something there not interested in. It would serve both sides well.

FRom what I have seen, 1)Doggers have land to hunt on so they hunt Hogs ALOT more than guys like me who hunt WMA's and dont have a bow to go during stick season.
2) When I do get a hog, I share it there and get pretty good props for getting a PL Hog.

I dont think we need a Non-Dog hog Forum/section, we just need more guys hunting Hogs, that dont dog it.......if I had a lease with Hogs, I would have lots more to post.

Maybe we are just missing PLP.............where ya at brother?

Robk

PLP is on the road.

Bigredwon. He did die suprised. I had to push that eye back into the socket before I took the picture. Didn't want it hanging out for the picture.

TheBadfish

No...you are not getting it at all.
There are two distinctly different tactics involved. Two different mentalities.
I want to see/read/learn from the people who approach it like me, And I do not want to wade through a kennel to find them.
It's that simple.
cw

Why not use the "search" button?

MULE

100% dead on. Why don't you guys get rid of your pink panties, and step up to the big boy ones and stop whining. You all sound like a bunch of school girls. By the rest of you guys idea's the forum admin should change the deer section, small game section, bear section too also cause they all can use dogs to take them as well.

dbodkin

I typed a whole large paragraph.. With punctuation, used a spellchecker and made sure my caps were'nt locked.... but then erased it....::ke: :biggrin2:

corbett4039

well seaweaver if you dont like what you see on the hog hunting section then just keep on going it is for all areas of hog hunting not just dog they cant change the sections based on a few cry babies who dont like the way that we do it most of the people are friends that is why there are so many replys to the posts go to another forum you wont be missed

seaweaver

I love the "grown up" adjectives you "leave it alone guys" employ.

Seems yall enjoy a little consternation on the part of those that don't dog, which is what the section was prior to the rise of connectivity on the part of doggers.

Bad Fish what would you type in the search box to see only non-dogger threads? If the engine had a filter, that task would be easy.
Filter, catch-dog head icon(would they use it?) or a Gun Icon...(I would use it), nothing elaborate.

I'm not looking for another section. Said that from the start.......
But I would love a filter or something to bypass the kennel.

As from some of the responses here, it would seem some don't mind the kennel expansion and the "take it or leave it mentality" is an equitable solution to their domination of the section.
They would seek redress if they or their method were slighted. And yet they can mock another hunter that does not follow their method or simply attempts to find away around their encroachment.
Nice.
Different technique, different mentality.

cw

MULE

They would seek redress if they or their method were slighted. And yet they can mock another hunter that does not follow their method or simply attempts to find away around their encroachment.Nice.Different technique, different mentality. cw

There are some that are worthwhile reading. But the bulk is: showed up, let them loose, we got um, we left. I've done it w/ my dogs. It's a hee haw time. Is it Hunting? I guess so...I see it as the same as a Man drive for deer. A "catch all" social event.
As a stalker, there is nothing in reading any of that that interests me or can help me improve my tactics. Perhaps a dog emoticon and/or a gun emoticon for topic headers would help those of us still interested in the potting/stalking/ambushing/stand patience tactics ...differentiate and sort through between the two styles.
I do rather dislike sub-cats... But give those guys 3 different dog head emoticons to choose from...and I'll bet they use them. cw
Seems like the pots calling the kettle black isn't it?

Most all the dog hunters still hunt using other methods as well. Rather than trying to turn hunters against other hunters why don't you get in that section and ask the questions your wanting to know? Be it stalking, stand hunting or whatever else there is you want to know. I've killed them just about every way imaginable. I prefer dogging them, but enjoy other methods when I can't dog them. Most of my hunting is done on public land, so it has nothing to do with have great private land to hog hunt on.

I've owned a vbulletin forum myself in the past, and what your asking is a pain to do, unless they have changed the versions in the past few years.

bullsprig1100

This is exactly the type of internal conflict the anti's love to see amongst us hunters of the world. Its called divide and conquer. I hunt via most popular methods, and enjoy most of them. If we start this petty in-fighting on here, and keep dividing hunters into their styles of hunting, they, the anti- hunters, win...Its that simple. Next thing you know, the guys and gals who hunt hogs with bow will want to have their own forum, etc......Or Nic will want one for those who throw rocks at them...:biggrin2:....My thought is that this forum is for reading and learning, why don't we try doing exactly that. I guess I am one of those dreaded 'leave it alone' guys....Oh, and Seaweaver, the hog in my avatar was shot employing the stalk and shoot technique, the one in my cooler was not....