Lanahassee WMA hogs?

deersled

Anybody know if theres many hogs on Lanahassee WMA down by Preston? Whats the topography like? Im thinking of giving it a go. Any info is greatly appreciated.

deersled

The silence says all I needo to know, lol. 130 views and no comments. I guess I'm going to Hannahatchee this morning. At least I'm familiar with this one.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
One of the views was me , and I’ve never heard of it . Good luck today

deersled

Another tough day at Hannahatchee. Dusk to dawn, tried to hunt some different areas and same result. The land management guy, John, ensured me the place is still loaded with hogs but i just didnt see the sign. I think Im gonna drive a little further and head to Chickasawhatchee saturday. I havent been there in years but its always been known to hold plenty of hogs. If anybody has some tips for there Im all ears. Thanks

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Hunted there a lot but the less said about public land the better. The WMAs have gotten too crowded to broadcast it on the internet.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

Another tough day at Hannahatchee. Dusk to dawn, tried to hunt some different areas and same result. The land management guy, John, ensured me the place is still loaded with hogs but i just didnt see the sign. I think Im gonna drive a little further and head to Chickasawhatchee saturday. I havent been there in years but its always been known to hold plenty of hogs. If anybody has some tips for there Im all ears. Thanks
If the Land manager says it’s loaded with hogs…..I would trust him. Sign should be easily found if it’s loaded. Sounds like you mite need to change your tactics instead of your location. Find the thickets, play the wind and use your eyes, nose and ears. Hogs are a lot smarter than a deer, can’t hunt them like a deer.

deersled

Oh I trust him as far as hogs being in there. I just couldnt find em the 2 times I went. But youre right, I probably need to change tactics, although i try to be wind conscious, cover alot of ground watching and listening. When i go its a sunup to sundowm thing. Walk 8-10 miles every time. So, its not a lack of effort and ive killed em there before. Places i normally hunt seem to be void of sign, not much fresh rooting or tree rubs. I just need to try different areas of the property. Or maybe I just suck at hog hunting (BINGO!), lol. My trip to Chickasawhatchee was a bust. That place is really cool but i definitely have no idea how to hunt all that water. Seemed like it was either water or impenetrable thickets that lead right up to the edge of the water. We hunted off Flat Hole Rd, 7 bridges, Mud Creek, Kiokee Cr, and down near the dove fields. Another all dayer. An awful lot of open ground down there also, I guess for the quail. Actually jumped 2 good size coveys. It sure was fun though. I even got to eat some decent catfish at the Nothing Fancy Catfish House in Leary on my way back to Lagrange.

Latest posts