Where to get your food plot seed

lildorris00

I don't mind buying from the local feed and seed store but am concerned about them not having what I need when I need it. Does anyone have a go-to online seed supply? I would like to go ahead and order my fall mix and do my planning/measuring up front so that I am ready to go when I want to plant.

deers2ward

95g atl

You don't have your location posted, but I have used BROWNLEE in L-ville and ATHENS SEED in Watkinsville.
Our club uses (I forget the name) in Warrenton.
You could always call ahead and ask.

I don't like ordering online with heavy packages BC they usually charge for shipping OR they charge more for the seed and call it "free shipping".

Unless you're under 5 or 10 lbs, I always go to the seed store.

Big7

The Oracle
You don't have your location posted, but I have used BROWNLEE in L-ville and ATHENS SEED in Watkinsville.
Our club uses (I forget the name) in Warrenton.
You could always call ahead and ask.

I don't like ordering online with heavy packages BC they usually charge for shipping OR they charge more for the seed and call it "free shipping".

Unless you're under 5 or 10 lbs, I always go to the seed store.
My favorite place since the co-op in Monroe closed years ago. Athens Seed.

They sell small bags of most stuff for about the same price per pound as the 40 and 50 pound bags.

That makes it easy to small plots with "different" stuff in them and also you can buy the smaller quantities and come up with your own mix.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Why not order in advance from your local feed and seed? The flint river store on 92 in fayette county will get me whatever I need if I give him a weeks notice. Love going there for some plot seed and a six pack.

sghoghunter

In the past I have ordered oats from Whitetail Institute, and clover from Outside Pride

Whitetail Institute:
Imperial Whitetail Oats Plus (Annual) | Whitetail Institute

Outside Pride:
Lawn Aerator, Grass Seed, Flower Seeds, Herb Seeds, Clover, Ground Cover (outsidepride.com)

It's pricey, but I agree that I have tried to go to my local feed & seed store and they don't have what I need and try to sell me a mix or some other seed that it is not what I want.

I’ve already got me 5 bags of oats and 4 bags of their peas plus. I think I’m going to top the plots off with some purple top turnips from a local feed and seed

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Why not order in advance from your local feed and seed? The flint river store on 92 in fayette county will get me whatever I need if I give him a weeks notice. Love going there for some plot seed and a six pack.
This is what I’ve always done . My local store has a certain day he gets his delivery , as long as I let him know a couple days before I’ve never had a problem getting anything I need .

Deernut3

Usually what the seed company has on hand and what they can get are two different things. I just had my local southern states order me 50 Lbs. of Daikon radish and inoculated crimson clover as they do not normally carry them.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
I don't know where any of you are located, but the company I get my lime from, in Woodbury, Georgia, always has some fair prices, on may things.

Woodbury Fertilizer 706-553-5622. They don't ship, you have to come pick it up, but call in advance, but it's typically in stock.

Woodbury Fertilizer 2022.jpg

RatherB

BANNED
Hancock Seed has free shipping on some of there seed
That shipping is most definitely padded into their seed cost.
But I agree, online is a good option for small quantities of hard to find stuff like clovers. I bought 10 pounds medium red and landino clover for good price from outside pride this year.
For cereal grains I would always get from feed/seed stores. 50 pound 3 way mix of wheat, rye and oats is $24.. will be twice that online.

I don't know where any of you are located, but the company I get my lime from, in Woodbury, Georgia, always has some fair prices, on may things.

Woodbury Fertilizer 706-553-5622. They don't ship, you have to come pick it up, but call in advance, but it's typically in stock.

View attachment 1172022
That’s some pretty good prices. Ladds farm supply in Cartersville is really good Also

westcobbdog

Passed thru Douglasville yesterday and was happy to see the amount of foot plot seed, minerals and attractants Turner Feed and seed had in stock, wow.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
That gas station by the river?

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Off the internet .....

1661344776867.png