Which Walton was your favorite Walton?

oldfella1962

The Walton's were rich if one compares the way I was raised a sharecroppers grandson raised by his grandpa and grandma who had very little to live in and to live on. Many mornings in winter I awoke to find snow on the old quilt that helped keep me warm in my feather bed on a cold winters nights. The snow blew in thru the cracks in the old house, just weather boarding with no insulation at all and a wood heater that did not keep our house warm even when the sides of the thing glowed red hot. Yeah I agree with you the Walton's were not poor not nearly as poor as my family was and many other folks that we knew back in the fifties that farmed the same way we did.

We only had a wood burning stove in Northern WISCONSIN! :( In the winter at night we would put in a big piece of maple (no oak near our house) so by morning the house wouldn't be too unbearably cold.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
TV has to make the sets bigger to film the shows properly. That's why (for example) Seinfeld & Friends & All in The Family and all those shows had people living in way bigger homes than they could afford in real life.
They had multiple vehicles too

specialk

grandma was gay....

specialk

Mary Ellen did that spread for Playboy....

yep, in an interview once she said she did it to shed the ''good girl-girl next door" image.....trying to not get typecast, but it didnt work out too good....

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
yep, in an interview once she said she did it to shed the ''good girl-girl next door" image.....trying to not get typecast, but it didnt work out too good....

Yeah... sometimes our plans don't work out like we think they should. I really don't know why anyone would think that being put on display like that would have a lot of positives to it. It might bring a lot of attention for a season, but you have to live with that decision for the rest of your life.

And then your kids and grandkids get to see you in the buff......

hmmm... might not be a good decision

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
So now that I’m older and retired I’m watching the Waltons again on the boomer channel since I’m welded to this recliner. Trying to figure out who I like the most

John boy-needs his jaw jacked
Mary Ellen —maybe my favorite she ain’t skeered
Grandmaw—too crabby
Mama Walton—worry wart

Grandpa Walton used to be my favorite till I found out in real like he was a homosexual communist (literally)

Who is yours ?
There is a lot better programs on Grit channel.Old westerns are better than the Waltons.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Yeah... sometimes our plans don't work out like we think they should. I really don't know why anyone would think that being put on display like that would have a lot of positives to it. It might bring a lot of attention for a season, but you have to live with that decision for the rest of your life.

And then your kids and grandkids get to see you in the buff......

hmmm... might not be a good decision
At least her boyfriends,husband's of S.O didn,t have to guess what she looked like in her birthday suit.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
At least her boyfriends,husband's of S.O didn,t have to guess what she looked like in her birthday suit.

sometimes it is better to not market the entire beef in the storefront window.