Wolf??? Or Not!

Hoss

I watched a couple of coyotes try to slip up on some turkeys in a pasture probably close to thirty years ago. They didn’t have any luck then either. Tough for em to get em in the open. Also saw them jumping up in the air and pouncing on something. As often as they were doing it, I figured it must be grasshoppers.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
I dont know anything about DNA in yotes or wolves. But i have seen some wolves in SE Alaska. It is pretty spectacular.

The first one (and the most awesome): i was sitting on a ridge line about 75’ above sea level. I was watching a pod of killer whales moving between the small islands. That was cool enough, but then i saw something swimming across that nearly .25 mile span of Pacific Ocean. I thought at first it was a deer, but the ears weren't right, it did not cross my mind that it was a wolf. I was with a couple other fellows, and one of them said “that is a baby moose”. I knew that wasn't correct cause that area of AK don’t have moose. We kept watching, and when he got out of the ocean he stood there with his coat tight to his body (still - i couldn’t tell what it was) but then he shook his body just like a dog getting out of water. Poof his fur popped into full wolf mode. It was very obvious it was a very large wolf. A very special moment in my life.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They all pretty much look similar no matter where they originate. I`ve never seen one in the wild but I remember Daddy talking about seeing one in the swamp but only rarely. All the old folks over there called em Indian dogs.
Guy I know who used to have a big place down on the Ocmulgee in Wilcox County that I used to hog hunt on had several trailcam pics of packs of yaller dogs. Pretty cool.

Doc_Holliday23

Whatchall think this one is (was) ? He was 40-50lb.

J8d9nGgh.jpg

Latest posts