wood for trailer floor?

WishboneW

If you're using pressure treated wood make sure your trailer floor screws are approved for it. Most aren't

Just did this on the trailer I tow my tractor on. I looked at Lowe’s and Home Depot as well as both local hardware stores for screws. I had to order off the internet as no one carried the type that worked with pressure treated

Jester896

Senior Clown
I don't know if mine are the kind for pressure treated wood or not. The are very similar to what the OEM used with the Torx head, might be grade 8, and self threading. Drill the right sized hole and drive it in with an impact. I purchased them at a local nut and bolt store

GeorgiaGlockMan

Bought these at Homer's.

Rated for treated wood and are Phillips head (big ones).

I'll take these over the torx head ones everyday.

With an impact gun the Phillip's are THE deal!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200610-172914_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200610-172914_Gallery.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 23

MrMark222

Rough white oak and spray it down with 50/50 used motor oil and diesel. Beats pressure treated by a mile
This is the way to go. Been doing it for many years. You can follow up in a few years with boiled linseed oil. The PT you get these days just doesn't hold up as well as it used to. We used to get our scaffolding boards from the sawmill. They were rough sawn white oak with the same 50/50 treatment and they lasted for years.