Remington replacement rifle stock

I have been searching online for a replacement stock for my Remington model 7400 and I’m having zero luck finding one, I would think that Remington parts online would carry this but no, not even an out of stock mention, plenty of shotgun stocks and newer model rifles. I would prefer to replace with wood but depending on cost I would consider composite and replace the fore-end as well. I’m fairly certain my damaged stock is beyond repair, if I’m wrong I would consider paying to have repaired if cost doesn’t exceed replacement. Any information would be greatly appreciated on where I might find either wood or composite replacements or thoughts on whether repair might be an option.

Smasher756

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I looked for 4 years to find a forearm for my Dad’s. It split a few years after he passed.

I did find a replacement from Remington at that time but it was in the neighborhood of $250, the stock was about the same price.

I ordered a synthetic stock and forearm do I could use it until I figured something out. The synthetic was around $70 and fit like a glove.

I kept searching used guns and always ran into something being chipped or cracked on the forearm. Several years ago I was buying a 45/70 and was waiting on them to bring the new one from the back. Checking out the used guns, I saw a 7400 and grabbed it. It was in perfect condition - not a scratch on it. Price tag of $575. Since I was buying a new 45/70 I got the 7400 for $425. I robbed the wood off of it for my Dad’s gun and put the synthetic on that one.

If I were you, I’d order synthetic and keep a check on pawn shops. If they know you’re looking they’ll let you know when they have one.

I almost bought a very rusty 270 for $125 until I saw a hair line crack in the forearm. I wasn’t even concerned about the mechanics of the gun.

I’m on the prowl again looking for a forearm for the used one I bought. I’d like to put wood on that one and take off the synthetic. If I come across something where I can get the stock too I’ll shoot you a PM.

turkeykirk

You might want to check with Boyd’s.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Have you tried DeerCreek Gun Shop in Merrietta?
They may have something or can help you out.

earlthegoat2

the stock is the same as a 20 ga 870 shotgun stock.

It probably has to be from more recent manufacture since Remington used to use 12 ga receivers for 20 ga but then switched to a scaled 20 ga receiver sometime in the 70s I think.

Thus may open up some options for you.

DannyW

I’m fairly certain my damaged stock is beyond repair, if I’m wrong I would consider paying to have repaired if cost doesn’t exceed replacement. Any information would be greatly appreciated on where I might find either wood or composite replacements or thoughts on whether repair might be an option.
It's repairable, but you would never trust the repair and pull off the stock every time you pull the trigger.

ETG2 gave some good advice above. You can also check out this thread.

Remington 7400

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Great advice above regarding using a 20 gauge 870 stock. You might also check ebay... I see one on there cheaper than all the others, though it is a little rough.

No matter where you look, it will help your search if you can figure out what other models have stocks compatible with your 7400 and search accordingly.