Yeti Coolers are they worth the money?

Nitro

Banned
but being 'bear proof' for camping in bear country and able to take a repeated beating from the luggage folks on airlines helps justify them. Of course they hold ice a good while, but it sure is cheaper to add a chuck of dry ice to a 5 day (or 1 day for that matter) Coleman than buy a Yeti simply because it holds ice better...by that's my 02

We don't put dry ice in a cocktail..................:D

Dean

Hey Nitro

rest assured we don't either! but running out of 'cocktail' ice when you are 40 or 50 miles (one way) from the nearest store is a problem...that's why we add a few pounds of dry ice on the bottom of the cooler and top it with regular ice, some outside the bag, and some 'cocktail' ice kept clean in a bag. We have kept ice for a week this way....:cheers:

Beer can be stored in the river.........

stringmusic

whats the price difference on a Yeti and a nice coleman, and how many bags of ice could a person buy with that difference?

Last edited:

ArmyTaco

Im not talking about a cooler I am talking about the fridge/frezer. Its the most awesome piece of camping equipment I have bought.

Hogchaser

Sure they are better - don't you watch the ads on TV. !! LOL.. Yea they seem to be 200% better or more. Don't own one YET have several others so not a wise choice of money redistribution at this time.

Paddle

If money was no object I'd have 10 on them!!

I sure would hate to lose a $300 ice chest on the river!!

The Coleman 5 day has served us well for canoe camping. Ice lasted all weekend.

Bull One's web link showed the Coleman beating the Yeti.

http://www.engel-usa.com/PS0908_BigC...nt0808_WEB.pdf

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Guys unless you're in a VERY remote part of the country, ice ain't but a couple dollars . . . just sayin.

Muddy Water

I don't care if it is going to keep my beers cold for a month, I can't get over the fact that the "school colors" line of yeti coolers only come in Texas, Auburn, Bama, LSU, and Florida colors.

DROPPINEM

Guys unless you're in a VERY remote part of the country, ice ain't but a couple dollars . . . just sayin.

Kinda what i was thinkin!!...........But the Yetis are nice coolers that are built right and do what they are intended to do but me being a poor man i cant see spending that on a cooler.

grouper throat

They're nice but the way my coolers grow legs and walk away, I can't justify losing one of them. We do carry one grouper fishing and they keep ice forever even in flur-da heat

O-Country

I thought about one, but when I was on a hunting trip this year there was one at a camp next to mine and in conversation with the owner of it I asked how he liked it.His words were I like the 5 day beside it 2 to 1 better, and it is not worth the money I paid for it.

CamoCop

wish i could afford the initial cost! i know i have spent more then they cost over time in coolers but just can't bring myself to pay $300.00 for a cooler.