Your first BB or Pellet Gun

GreenPig

Daisy Pal BB gun at 5 years old. My grandpa bought it for me and taught me how a gun was to be treated. After 18 gazillion BB's I could shoot a soda can at 50 yards even with 2' of drop . My first deer was taken with a Winchester 94 the grownup version of my BB gun. My second deer(running) was taken 1 second later at 9 years old. Alot can be said for muscle memory.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I had just turned 5. It was a Daisy spring action pump.

Same here. I just got my boy the same model last year.

45707779325_73b948f256_b.jpg

baddave

red ryder lever action. i know i was more than 6 . i knew at that moment i finally had a real gun.. a man down the road kinda took me under his wing a little bit and taught me how to throw up a penny and hit it.. i'd entertain myself for hrs doing that .. he could do it from the hip . i didn't have enough patience to learn that one

Stroker

Red Ryder at age 5 or 6. Used to speed load that thing, take .10 cent tube of BB's and pour them in your mouth, open up the hole for loading and blow those BB,s in there. Had to clean out the spittle bout once a week and lube it back up with 3n1 oil. If you had a Daisy pump back then you was one lucky kid. Moved up to a .22 at age 10.

cullyhog

I had an off brand lever action spring loader. Probably came from Western Auto (showing my age). Uncles weren't much older than my brothers and me. I remember instead of BBs we would drop a wooden match down the barrel and shoot each other playing war!
It was a rough game around us. Nobody ever got an eye shot out though.

BDD

I don’t remember how old I was, but it was a leaver action and I had to put the
Stock on the ground hold it with my feet and pull the leaver up with 2 hands.
Then I had the Crossman that you could cock up about 25 time, had a little bolt
That loaded the BB’s. Used to crank it up and put about 10 BB’s at a time and shoot frogs.
I’d shoot for hours in my bed room , and got so good shooting down the barrel with both eyes open
That I could light a stick match presses in play dough across the room. Then I got my Sheridan Blue Streak
That I still have, I’m still in to them and just got a Benjamin Discovery last year.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
My guess is around 4. Red Ryder
Then started shooting the 22.
That’s when I started road huntin with dad. We’d ride looking for rabbits. I shot them. I was killing rabbits at 5. The summer before 1st grade. Got a 410 for Christmas that year. We shot squirrels that day. Got my 1st fox squirrel too.

LTZ25

I had a Sheridan 5 mm and was heck on squirrels, we used to keep count and I got up into 150 + one year .

NOYDB

BANNED
How old where you when you received your first bb or pellet gun. I was 8. My dad bought me a bb/pellet combo that looked like a M16. It had a compartment for the bb's and you also could do pellets one at a time. It could take out some squirrels. Tried to look it up online but could never find another like it.

Crossman had a model that would shoot both BB's and .177 pellets.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
My favorite (not first) bb/pellet gun was the Crosman Power Master 760.
But I didn't have the proper supervision with it.
It ended up with a bent barrel and a busted stock from the force of one SWAT over my hind end...

Cmp1

BANNED
My favorite (not first) bb/pellet gun was the Crosman Power Master 760.
But I didn't have the proper supervision with it.
It ended up with a bent barrel and a busted stock from the force of one SWAT over my hind end...
I shot my TV out with mine,,,,small little portable,,,,????Dad reiterated,don't point it at anything you don't intend to shoot,,,,

NOYDB

BANNED
My first was a Daisy mod 25 pump. Then I had a Crossman 760. Then a Sheridan Blue Streak and a Benjamin .5 mm pellet rifle. Small avain life was precarious when I had my Daisy. As I got older I was more into how well could I shoot and less how many could I shoot at.

GoldDot40

Crossman had a model that would shoot both BB's and .177 pellets.
That was my first BB/pellet rifle. Crossman Powerline 880. Pump it once, it was decent. Pump it twice, it was fairly lethal to most birds. Pump it 3 or more times and it was a squirrel/rabbit killing machine. Mine came with a scope and was pretty accurate out to 30 yards with pellets. BB's were OK, but tended to veer off course at times.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I had a daisy, but never killed anything with it that I remember. Then sometime around 8 I got a crossman (it think it was a 760 too) and squirrels were never safe after that. I used to squirrel hunt before school. Only killed 1 bird with it, a bluejay, and yep momma made me eat it.