Your go to everyday/ hunting pocket knife <$40

ripplerider

I love the Buck 110s but man theyre heavy. I prefer a little softer steel too. But theyre a great knife. I carry a Buck fixed blade sometimes. I usually have two knives with me when I'm hunting.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
I carry a gut hook and keep my filet in my ATV.

If you want one that is a higher quality you can find one here:
http://knifeology.com click on the pictures to see the prices.

gt40

Attachments

• knife .jpeg
    knife .jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 670
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 1.20.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 1.20.58 PM.png
    86 KB · Views: 672

Bucaramus

Browning

Always liked Browning knives. I just ordered one of these. Will use regular blades form the hardware store too.

Attachments

• Browning (1024x401).jpg
    Browning (1024x401).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 632
  • Browning Blades (1024x401).jpg
    Browning Blades (1024x401).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 635

Killdee

Case sod buster jr. I prefer a lock blade but can't find one priced right except generic models. Also a fan of the trapper. Carbon blade guy too.

AceOfTheBase

Kershaw Volt

easy one hand operation..
and it holds a razor sharp edge.. and great for cutting rope..
160758181.sT3aV86E.kershaw_volt.JPG

Last edited:

Emenhiser

Had a Kershaw for years, dropped it somewhere and didn't know it. Carry a Meyerco now days and I'm just as happy with it. Both spring assisted which isn't a must, but I prefer. Both keep an edge for a long time, and that's with me cutting boxes almost all day at work.

Idahomike

I still use a buck folding knife I've had since 1969

grif

it would be hard for me to limit myself to just one knife...each one has its own unique job lol but for EDC I have a Kershaw Leek

Kershaw makes good stuff and the leek is a great knife.

I tried a CRKT Endorser that is very similar - I like it a little better than the leek.

lcopeland22

Buck makes a 112 Ranger thats a smaller and lighter version of a 110. I have both and like the 112 a little better.

CRKT Free Range Hunter Drop Point

deerstand

productdetail.aspx
hard to beat a Gator in the field, but for everyday pocket knife i carry a "Sod Buster Jr" style . they run anywhere from $20 - $90 depending on the brand. I have 6 or 7 different brands in my safe, Case, kissing Crane, German eye , and i have one called a "mule skinner" that's really close i have been carrying lately

PappyHoel

I just received my Boker Automat Kalisnikov Mini 74, and I'm impressed. I'm going to carry it a while and see if I like it. It's a snappy little auto knife for $29. I might order a couple more for gifts. Fun little pocket knife.

Someone might want me for secret Santa next year.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Boker-Mini-Kalashnikov-Automatic--10758

Capt Quirk

I have the same Wallymart knife as 01foreman400. For $3-$4, it came sharp enough for me to use on my leather work. I've been cutting leather for 6 months with it, never had to do more than strop it. I've had a Kershaw, paid around $100 for it. It fell out of the sheath while riding one day. Had a Gerber, paid around $100 for that too. The tip broke off punching a can of oil. Cheapo knives do what I need, and if they break or get lost, scrape up some more spare change and get another.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
I`ve skinned deer with this one, and they are free. Also sharper than than any steel knife and the razor ya`ll shave with. :)

Attachments

• flintflake.jpg
    flintflake.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 795