Your Hunting License Just Got Expensive

Sixes

I'll ask you one question and please answer it honestly:

If Georgia went to a 1 buck 1 doe limit like other states and had 1 two week gun season and a 1 week ML season and the rest being bow but South Carolina had the 2 buck 10 doe limit and their current long gun season, which state would you get your lease in provided they cost the same per acre and the license fee was the same.

Honestly, I'd go to SC or Alabama for a lease.

I understand what you are getting at and that if GA limits were 1/1, that it would be more economical to go somewhere else, but, your example contradicts your reasoning for coming to Georgia. Our bag limit is 2 bucks and 10 does for the season, Florida appears to allow 2 deer a day, every day, for the duration of the season, so in reality, your state allows you to kill more deer in a season than here.

I could care less who comes here to hunt, I just don't care for the complaining, especially on what I view as a great deal.
$300 for:
12 deer
3 turkeys
2 bear
unlimited hogs
and small game.

That is a great deal for non residents and still cheaper than us coming to Florida to hunt.

shdw633

Honestly, I'd go to SC or Alabama for a lease.

I understand what you are getting at and that if GA limits were 1/1, that it would be more economical to go somewhere else, but, your example contradicts your reasoning for coming to Georgia. Our bag limit is 2 bucks and 10 does for the season, Florida appears to allow 2 deer a day, every day, for the duration of the season, so in reality, your state allows you to kill more deer in a season than here.

I could care less who comes here to hunt, I just don't care for the complaining, especially on what I view as a great deal.
$300 for:
12 deer
3 turkeys
2 bear
unlimited hogs
and small game.

That is a great deal for non residents and still cheaper than us coming to Florida to hunt.

True, except that they have only 1 week for doe season, the herd is not as large so the sighting of deer is not as frequent; therefore the opportunity to squeeze the trigger is not as great as it is in Georgia, which is my point. Now they have even gone to antler restrictions which makes it even more restrictive.

TC50cal

Life time are for residents only. If you move from GA then you become a non resident and the life time is still good.
Plus the state will keep getting fed money from now on. If you wait and get an honorary license at 65 the state no longer gets that money.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
How bout getting Ga hunters signing a petition against all companies, business's, and private landowners from leasing any property to outside entities not living in the state of Georgia. I would need to employ Sir Elfiii for the legalese part of the petition.

Count me out. If somebody from Florida wants to come here and hunt it's fine by me. They just got to pay to play, the same as folks from AL, TN, NC or SC would have to do. Same as we do if we go to one of those states.

GA DAWG

Count me out. If somebody from Florida wants to come here and hunt it's fine by me. They just got to pay to play, the same as folks from AL, TN, NC or SC would have to do. Same as we do if we go to one of those states.
They just the only ones that ever cry about price. None of the others fo. Why is that? Its cause Fla is the yankee state of the south. :biggrin2:

imkevdog

Illinois charges over $500 just to bow hunt whitetails. You get an either sex tag and a antlerless only tag.

I've left numerous times with a tag sandwich. Could have tagged out every single time if I wanted.

It all depends on the hunter.

My family also owns a house in FL. I pay the non resident fishing fees there without a complaint. I rarely keep a limit of spec trout, reds, sheephead, flounder, whiting, etc when I'm fishing. I keep what I think is a good catch for the day. This year the fishing was horrible. Fish all day and catch 1 or 2 keepers.......... I didn't keep them... Threw them back...

All depends on the fisherman.

I know how you feel , I work and live in FL, hunt my own property in GA, still pay NR license ,shoot one deer a year and before anybody says I can shoot more I don't need or want to shoot more than one deer.

Gbr5pb

Since I haven't had my license checked since 1995 what's my chances getting by without buying them? Just kidding haha