Your Most Embarrassing Moment While Hunting!

buckpasser

When I first started driving and hunting on my own I had access to a very large and untouched tract of land in west Grady county. It was rolling hills and creek bottoms. I’d hunted it with my dad since I could remember, but I guess I relied on him a bit much for directions during our adventures. That first turkey season I went in and didn’t do any good. Instead of following the creek I jumped over a ridge to the next bend and headed back up stream to the truck. Problem was, it was the next creek over. I spent that day looking at some very unfamiliar ground at a panicked meth head like pace. I finally hit a dirt road miles from the highway I’d come in on and walked another few miles the wrong way before circling back and around to my truck. A lot of good lessons learned that day. One of which being to pack some water. Another being don’t be an idiot and pay attention to where you’re at and where you’re going. Glad I didn’t step on a snake that day!

BeerThirty

I was a stander in the middle of a pine clearcut drive when I was a teenager. I couldn't hold the #2 in anymore but I didn't want to abandon my post, so I started taking care of business. While I was in the midst of things, shots were fired and scared the living daylights out of me. The other stander was shooting at a herd that kicked out and was running towards me. Long story short, I pulled up my pants before I was done and opened fire. Knocked down a basket rack 8-pt and a big doe. The guys still give me a hard time about that one.

Anthony61

BANNED
Ever drive a 4 wheeler through the woods and find a trail camera on a tree that you have not swapped SD card on in 3+ years and totally forgot the camera is there, then find out the camera still works and there are photos spanning a years time, many with you in them...

Edit: The camera in this case was an original Scoutguard SG560 from Boly. As I pulled it from the tree, the bungee crumbled into flakes :)

Last edited:

Wayne D Davis

I remember a event back in the early 70's. My dad and one of his buddies loaded up for a weekend of hunting down around Piedmont/ Cedar Creek club land. My dad's friend brought his son along also so we rode in the camper shell. It was freezing cold I remember. The other kid needed to #2 and started banging on the back truck window. They pulled over and he hobbled off to the wood side. When he got back to the truck he had poop on his face. When his dad saw him he flipped out. His son had pooped inside his cover all hoodie, then snuggly pulled the string tightly on his head. Poop everywhere. They both got mad and took us home.... Haha

Stroker

I remember a event back in the early 70's. My dad and one of his buddies loaded up for a weekend of hunting down around Piedmont/ Cedar Creek club land. My dad's friend brought his son along also so we rode in the camper shell. It was freezing cold I remember. The other kid needed to #2 and started banging on the back truck window. They pulled over and he hobbled off to the wood side. When he got back to the truck he had poop on his face. When his dad saw him he flipped out. His son had pooped inside his cover all hoodie, then snuggly pulled the string tightly on his head. Poop everywhere. They both got mad and took us home.... Haha

Got a good friend who done the same with his brand new coveralls, said he kept wondering where the smell was coming from once he got in his stand. I would have never told that, and don't think he would have either, but that brown liquor let his secret out. We still remind him several times a year about it.

krizia829

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: These stories are awesome lol! Keep them coming!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
From years of reading the deer hunting forum, I have reached the conclusion that y'all must live on vegetables and refried beans.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have so many, although I cant say embarrassed. This one has been around the forums since 2005, and here's a copy/paste. Enjoy

I can promise yall I am not accident prone...until the last couple of years:D

Ok on Dec 21 05 it was just a hair less than 20 degrees that day with the wind howling....so all bundled up I sit on a clearcut and ended up killing a doe. Bubbabuck comes over to my side of the pasture and we load her up and start heading out of the pasture....this is when it gets good :pop:

I am leading the way with gary following me...I get out and open the pasture gate and look back at gary...he is on his radio, so I figure I will drive through, park, get out and close it back after him....

so I drive out onto the dirt rd and pull off on the shoulder paralleling the fence....

Now remember it was 20 degrees, so I have on knee high 1200 gram boots, insulated bibs, a insulated parka and a sock hat....

I open the door and start to step out and when I do the jeep starts to roll forward, I had left it in drive...no big deal right? I jump back in and hit the brake, but of course all my heavy clothes and boots cause me to hit the gas instead and the jeep lurches forward and to the right throwing me out on the ground, rolling over my right thigh and slams into the fence!!!!

now lets backtrack...Gary is on his radio with a buddy as this is happening. he is laughing saying look at this fool. then he says oh man it just ran over him! I may have to call an ambulance.....

ok back to the story...after it ran over me, I jump up in the air like a gymnast and start after the cherokee! but now it is going through the fence almost in slow motion cause the barbed wire is slowly working its way up the hood over the windshield and through the roof rack. I gotta tell you I was just waiting on the barbed wire to pop and slap me down...then POW it breaks through and starts off across the pasture.....straight DOWNHILL!! I take up chase...remember what I am wearing???

backtrack again...Gary is now rolling on the ground laughing at me, but I dont know it. he is telling his buddy you will not believe what I am watching. JT is chasing his jeep across the pasture...he has now run about 50 yards and the jeep is gaining ground.....holy moses! He just kicked it in another gear and is catching up....man he just grabbed the door and opened it! Oh man it is gonna suck him up under it and roll over him again.

Ok back on track...I finally catch up with the jeep after about 75 yards running faster than Micheal Johnson on roids with gold shoes. I snatch the door open and dive in head first slamming on the brakes by hand about 20 yards from the hardwood tree line :yeah:

Cherokee was (and still is) scratched to hades and back and we spent the afternoon fixing the barbed wire and Bubbabuck spent the rest of his life wondering why he never bought a video camera.

I woke up the next day sore from being run over and from the 75 yard dash, but all in all life is good :bounce:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Here's a little embarrassing story from this past season. For those that know me or have followed us through LFTT you already know I have zero sense of direction and easily get turned around in the dark. Each season I usually spend a couple mornings sitting on the ground waiting on daylight cause I cant find my stand even though I've usually hunted them many times :bounce:

Let me try and describe this little drawing for you. It's 4am and foggy as heck. I am on the ATV traveling north across the creek on the blue marked trail intending to park at the far north blue dot.

I travel across the creek and turn east along the tree line. When I hit the low spot to cross the standing beans it's so foggy that I can only see the beans on my left and I drive too far missing my turn following along the yellow line. So I turn around and retrace my trail back towards the creek crossing. Get about where I knew where I was and turn around again and head back to the swale to cross the field. Danggit I am now at the tree line to the east and turn around again. Go back towards creek crossing and get my bearings and turn around again heading back towards the swale and start out and again...and yep again and again and again. I even stop and turn off my head lamps and try to use my night vision to find that swale and get off the yellow track! I just cant find it!!!!

Or at least thats what I thought :D. I am sitting there in the dark and pull my phone out to see where I am on the map and I am actually in the middle of the swale facing north and have been in the swale the entire time just turning around and going back and forth in a 75 yard area.

If you can see it on the map, there is also a camera at the head of the swale. On the way out of the woods I stopped to check it and lucky for me I had forgotten to put a card in it

The struggle is real

lost.jpg

t8ter

Chewed a group of hunters out for unloading there atv on my property. They had permission to hunt above me. I wouldn’t let em go through the gate we’re I entered. I was just being a jerk. I went on and hunted and so did they. While hunting I dropped the bottom of my climber. There I was. Stuck. I had tweaked my back so there was no way I could get down. Sat there till bout dark. I saw those guys headed out and started yelling for em. One of em came over and bear hugged tree all the way to me with stand bottom. They made sure I got back down while never speaking a word to me. I apologized all the way to truck. Boy did I feel bad. Was a great lesson as a youn man I learned that day.

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
It happened to me while fishing in a mountain stream in Upstate NY. When I came around a bend in the stream there were about a dozen college girls sunning them selves stark naked. When they saw me they started to scream and rush over the large rocks to get away. One girl slipped and fell and twisted her ankle. She couldn't walk so I had to assist her back to where her clothes were. It was very embarrassing for both of us. She was a very pretty gal too. This happened around 1965.