Why do we(anything) need to eat?

660griz

We all know God created us in his image. Does God need to eat?
Why do some species get pleasure from sex and others just do it to propagate the species? Some species don't even need to have sex to propagate.
Seems to me, a whole lot of pain in suffering could be avoided if we(or anything) didn't need to eat or have sex.
The animal kingdom is a brutal world. Things starve and are torn apart all the time. Komodo dragons bite their victims and then just wait till the animal dies from infection. Just one example.
Why do we have to get old and die? God doesn't.

ambush80

Why do some species get pleasure from sex and others just do it to propagate the species? Some species don't even need to have sex to propagate.
Seems to me, a whole lot of pain in suffering could be avoided if we(or anything) didn't need to eat or have sex.
The animal kingdom is a brutal world. Things starve and are torn apart all the time. Komodo dragons bite their victims and then just wait till the animal dies from infection. Just one example.

Cuz Adam.

WaltL1

No food? No sex?
Now THATS crazy talk!

atlashunter

No food? No sex?
Now THATS crazy talk!

No wonder Yahweh is always so angry. On the other hand he has a son so he must have got some at some point. Maybe before the Jews divorced him from Asherah leaving him a single father.

ky55

No wonder Yahweh is always so angry. On the other hand he has a son so he must have got some at some point. Maybe before the Jews divorced him from Asherah leaving him a single father.

Can child support be so high that even God can’t pay it?

WaltL1

ky55

That's a good one. Im probably gonna borrow that! :rofl:

Go right ahead. You have my permission!
You will be amazed at how many folks say, “but that’s just two”.
:bounce:

660griz

I just think Gods should be able to create something Godly.
Instead of just a bunch of animals clamoring about for resources.

660griz

"Some species don't even need to have sex to propagate."

other than an earthworm everything has a mother........
You mean, other than the ones that don't, everything else has a mother.
Aligator pipefish, male carries and gives birth.
And there are others. The point was if sex was necessary not, birth.

"The alligator pipefish is sexually dimorphic with males being larger than females. "

you would be wrong, the earthworm is the only creature created by our Lord that is asexual.

And yes, sex is required by everything else.

I don't like this forum, it's full of people who are not believers, so I leave now with new found reasons never to come back. Y'all have fun, me I am going to church, read scripture and pray.

660griz

"The alligator pipefish is sexually dimorphic with males being larger than females. "

you would be wrong, the earthworm is the only creature created by our Lord that is asexual.

I don't like this forum, it's full of people who are not believers, so I leave now with new found reasons never to come back. Y'all have fun, me I am going to church, read scripture and pray.
You keep moving the goal post. You said everything has a mother except earthworms. You are wrong. Sex is not required by everything else. Pray for better Googling skills.

WaltL1

I don't like this forum, it's full of people who are not believers,
Seems like the title of this sub forum would have been a tip off...…. :huh:

ky55

That would probably be the best thing to do.
Some folks are more comfortable with reciting than researching.