Why do we(anything) need to eat?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Starfish and Sea Anemones are asexual.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
You're too late buddy. This was not the echo chamber they were looking for.
What slays me is that there is zero acknowledgment when we inform them about things that they are misinformed/under-informed about. Then again, it may be a willful exercise to only want to know what fits their beliefs.

atlashunter

What slays me is that there is zero acknowledgment when we inform them about things that they are misinformed/under-informed about. Then again, it may be a willful exercise to only want to know what fits their beliefs.

The avoidance is an acknowledgment.

660griz

The avoidance is an acknowledgment.
Perhaps their avoidance of this thread means there is doubt in the validity of Genesis.
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"
Who is us? :)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Perhaps their avoidance of this thread means there is doubt in the validity of Genesis.
Exactly
The Jews believed in many gods. They wrote about this one in particular because this one god out of all the others chose the Jews to be "his" people. They were his and he was theirs. Still works that way today.
These modern "believers" have no idea about the history of the basis of their own religion. The Jews believe Adam was the first Jew, the first man of their race. That god made him to create more followers for that god.
Other gods made other people.

But like with all religions, somebody is always wanting to invent the better mousetrap, err god. Paul's version of Yaweh 2.0 branched off of hard core Judiasm to include the Gentiles. And a new god for the new followers too.

660griz

"And you get a new God, and you get a new God..." :)

Artfuldodger

Can child support be so high that even God can’t pay it?

Reminds me of the Blazin' Saddles scene taking applications from outlaws. What are your qualifications? Rape, train robbery, rape, bank robbery.

"You said rape twice." "I like rape."

Artfuldodger

It may have been his Son. Which brings us back to the image thing. God was already a Father because he already had a Son. The family was already a thing even without sexuality. Gender was already a thing. Gender roles were already in place. The Son was submissive to the Father.

Unless God was only referring to the image humans would become. Knowing the His son would become that image.

It takes a bit of faith or mental gymnastics to make it work.

Artfuldodger

Why did we even need to become humans? If I already existed in a family with a Father and Son, why did I need a body to redeem myself spiritually?
If I was created in that image. If that image was only spiritual as some believe.

TheBishop

I don't know, I can see were if there is a god he would have made ME in his image, but I'm fairly certain that unless god is a mental midget or borderline retarded most humans were made in the image of something else entirely....

660griz

Eve bit it first. Then enticed Adam.
“You’ve got to admit it’s a bit of a pantomime, though,” said Crawly. “I mean, pointing out the Tree and saying ‘Don’t Touch’ in big letters. Not very subtle, is it? I mean, why not put it on top of a high mountain or a long way off? Makes you wonder what He’s really planning.” ---Giood Omens

Israel

BANNED
I don't know, I can see were if there is a god he would have made ME in his image, but I'm fairly certain that unless god is a mental midget or borderline retarded most humans were made in the image of something else entirely....

Are you 'dat Israelite in whom is no guile?

Can't help but notice you think you're a pretty smart feller, too. Ain't that funny...can't say as I meet too many that think otherwise...(not about you, but themselves), myself included.

Hey, ya ever hear this? You know what the second smartest man in the world said to the smartest...?

TheBishop

Are you 'dat Israelite in whom is no guile?

Can't help but notice you think you're a pretty smart feller, too. Ain't that funny...can't say as I meet too many that think otherwise...(not about you, but themselves), myself included.

Hey, ya ever hear this? You know what the second smartest man in the world said to the smartest...?

All my dealings with mankind have taught me I am an anomaly rather the norm. I certainly do not believe I fancy a deity but I do hold myself in high esteem. My imagination isn't wild enough to picture the attributes of such an entity and I would not want to worship something with my kind of shortcomings.

atlashunter

It may have been his Son. Which brings us back to the image thing. God was already a Father because he already had a Son. The family was already a thing even without sexuality. Gender was already a thing. Gender roles were already in place. The Son was submissive to the Father.

Unless God was only referring to the image humans would become. Knowing the His son would become that image.

It takes a bit of faith or mental gymnastics to make it work.

Which brings us back to polytheism. Jesus and god are two separate deities.