Is the Window closed on Georgia now?

Gold Ranger

Lots of people forget in their haste to bash UGA that there are 11 players on both offense and defense. If the hole isn't there, Herschel goes nowhere.
While true for 99.99% of players, this is false. If the hole isn't there Herschel made one.

Herschel is still, IMO, the greatest rb to ever step on a collegiate field. Without him, the game isn't close enough for Belue to Scott to mean anything.

kingfish

KYDawg you forgot Tommy Thurson on that list (close friend of the family). The window is definitely not closed, not by a long shot. The problem now is that not only does the coaching staff have to harness the tidal wave of talent they are getting on both sides of the ball, they have to do it in conjunction with the other SEC teams on the up rise. There's a whole bunch of teams right now that could ruin your season (like USC or the Vols) and still have a losing or break even SEC record. That's what makes next season so interesting.

LEGHORN

The window is always open for UGA, they just manage to shut it on themselves every single year. And then comes what is happening now from fans/homers, excuses and we got the talent, had the injury bug, look what we’ve accomplished, it’ll happen, we’re right on the verge of breaking through......it’s always “next year”.

MudDucker

Staff member
While true for 99.99% of players, this is false. If the hole isn't there Herschel made one.

Herschel is still, IMO, the greatest rb to ever step on a collegiate field. Without him, the game isn't close enough for Belue to Scott to mean anything.

As a guy who was at UGA then and knew most of the players. Herschel himself told me that the big guys up front made him famous. They opened a lot of holes. Now what Herschel did when he hit the secondary and mowed down those guys were all his doing. He was a beast, but so was that entire team. They were hungry!

Gold Ranger

As a guy who was at UGA then and knew most of the players. Herschel himself told me that the big guys up front made him famous. They opened a lot of holes. Now what Herschel did when he hit the secondary and mowed down those guys were all his doing. He was a beast, but so was that entire team. They were hungry!

My comments were made, pretty much, tongue in cheek. Obviously, he couldn't a NC by himself. Dooley also doesn't have to be a genius to run the "Herschel left, Herschel right, Herschel up the middle" offense, either.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The window is always open for UGA, they just manage to shut it on themselves every single year. And then comes what is happening now from fans/homers, excuses and we got the talent, had the injury bug, look what we’ve accomplished, it’ll happen, we’re right on the verge of breaking through......it’s always “next year”.

No it isn't always next year. That is just another myth that people like to pass on. Georgia fans are no different than any other fans (other than UT). We got a few that get too excited and some (me) that always sees the glass as half empty. I said we had some unfortunate injuries against LSU, but I also said that we would not have won the game regardless of injuries. We are smart enough to know we have a HC who is learning as he goes and is going to make his share of mistakes. He may never get us there, but he has some great wins, and he will have a lot more of them.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It's winter time in Knoxville and the window units need to be pulled and windows shut to keep the cold draft from getting in their trailers.

SpotandStalk

Like, Linsday Scott, Amp Arnold, Freddie Gilbert, Jimmy Payne, Frank Ros, Scott Woerner, Terry Hoage, Wayne Radloff, Nat Hudson, and Tim Morrison, were not on that team. All but Belue and Arnold played in the NFL, some of them lad long successful careers. People who think this was a one man team, did not know much about it.

Who?

Twiggbuster

Dawgs gotta fix the lack of high quality receivers. Just the other night before the SECCG, I saw the replay of 2017 SECCG.
Fromm had receivers and receivers that could get OPEN!!!
That’s more an issue than the QB or OC!!

SpotandStalk

I forgot you are only 30 years old. I just assumed as much as you are obsessed with 1980, that you knew the starting lineup by heart. Lot of those guys went on to successful NFL careers.

The only one I've ever heard of from non dawg fans was HW.

LEGHORN

No it isn't always next year. That is just another myth that people like to pass on. Georgia fans are no different than any other fans (other than UT). We got a few that get too excited and some (me) that always sees the glass as half empty. I said we had some unfortunate injuries against LSU, but I also said that we would not have won the game regardless of injuries. We are smart enough to know we have a HC who is learning as he goes and is going to make his share of mistakes. He may never get us there, but he has some great wins, and he will have a lot more of them.

It’s not a myth, it’s all I’ve heard for the past 30 years - next year or this is the year. But you are right about one thing, Kirby will never get us there, he apparently will do something to get in his own way every time.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have been a Dawg fan for over 60 years and other than people joking I have not heard it 5 times and I been around thousands of Georgia fans through the years. Must be one person telling you that over and over again.

Latest posts