One Jump Ahead Of The Storm, Driveler #313

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
What are you doing? I'm putting rat poison up there.
I put poison up there. Also found a Tomcat product that is granules saturated with peppermint and garlic oil that is supposed to be a repellent. Spread that around hoping to drive them out before I do repairs.

Last edited:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Brother had one die in a wall, odor lasts about a month.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Morning y’all.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I'm no expert on the matter, but the wildlife guy I consulted told me to trap or kill only and remove. They typically Don't eat IN your attic, just nest and chew on stuff.

Traps are cheap!

So are pellets, or .22's

http://www.animalatticpest.com/squirrelkill.html

Last edited:

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Mornin Jeff! :)

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Good Morning to all of the members of the DRIVELER NATION.

I am running late this morning I had to go back and try to catch up on who did what to whom yesterday.

Dang, it sounds like some of you need to borrow my .444 Marlin to help eliminate those pesky squirrels. Just make sure that you wear hearing protection when you pull the trigger though !!! I had problems with a dozen or so squirrels back a few years ago so I bought two of those Have-a HeartBURN metal traps from Tractor Supply. I set them up and put peanut butter crackers, a few pieces of chocolate covers pecans etc from time to time. Pretty soon, I had relocated numerous squirrels to the woods up in the country. I know that when I would open the trap to release them, they would hit the ground running 90 MPH when they left. Unfortunately, I think that some of those same scoundrels eat up the majority of the feed that I put out during the year for the other wildlife. OH, the hawks up there love me as I have also added a new diet to them with these CITY-FIED SQUIRREL DELICACIES TO THEIR DIET !!!

RUGER, I am hoping that you have a safe trip to VEGAS and whatever you do....DON'T call "room-service" for one of their patented massages either because you might not find your way back home !!!! :pop::pop::pop:

I hope that all of you will have a good and productive day and pass it on !!!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Morning yaw'll !!! Came a deluge at the mines last night, took me 25 minutes to drive 10 miles.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:biggrin2: Mernin! Gettin a jump on things!:type::type:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Oh I gotz a squirrel story !!! Several years back, wife and I would be settin in the den, of our log home luv shack watching the TV and could hear sumpin munch munch munching ??? I was convinced it was a big butted rat up under the house, throwed out major amounts of rat poison in the crawl space. This went on for 'bout a year.
One day I walked outside and it was a dang squirrel knawin on the end of a heart cut 8" hemlock log of my house, he bailed. Next time I heard him, eased out the back door, he flushed and got rolled. Never had a problem since, BUT you can't imagine the damage he did to that log ??? I'll send one of ya'll a pic to post if you wanna post.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Saw talk 'bout gutters ?? My log home's been here since '81, never had gutters?? Original owner overlapped the shingles 'bout 2". When I went with a metal roof I did the same ??

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Oh I gotz a squirrel story !!! Several years back, wife and I would be settin in the den, of our log home luv shack watching the TV and could hear sumpin munch munch munching ??? I was convinced it was a big butted rat up under the house, throwed out major amounts of rat poison in the crawl space. This went on for 'bout a year.
One day I walked outside and it was a dang squirrel knawin on the end of a heart cut 8" hemlock log of my house, he bailed. Next time I heard him, eased out the back door, he flushed and got rolled. Never had a problem since, BUT you can't imagine the damage he did to that log ??? I'll send one of ya'll a pic to post if you wanna post.

Send it, I'd like to see it. Them rascals can do some damage.

And your method of removal was spot on ......KILL IT!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Send it, I'd like to see it. Them rascals can do some damage.

And your method of removal was spot on ......KILL IT!

Sent you a pic of a normal log and a chewed one. If you can't post send it to the Kebo !!

Status
Not open for further replies.