Ozonics

Preston00

Does anyone have experience with the Ozonics units?
I see a 230, 200, 300, and Orion. Is there really a difference - or do they just change the label every year for $100 more?

Jim Boyd

Save your money and hunt the wind..

The OP did not ask for a hunting lesson, he asked about Ozonics.

Preston, I don’t know anything about the Ozonics units personally but I know folks that swear by them.

The biggest challenge, I think, is that it is yet something else to have to carry into the woods and yet another item that runs the cost up.

Maybe someone with good info will come along.

Good luck, sir.

KevChap

Banned

Preston, I don’t know anything about the Ozonics units personally but I know folks that swear by them.

The biggest challenge, I think, is that it is yet something else to have to carry into the woods and yet another item that runs the cost up.

Good luck, sir.
????

KevChap

Banned

Good luck, sir.
He didn't ask for your opinion about ozonics.. He ask about the price.. sorry op maybe somebody with some info will come along soon

uturn

They work!

And, yes more to carry in but, did I say they work!

transfixer

I was always skeptical, but a friend of mine has an ozone generator, one that plugs into a 110v wall socket, it does do away with odors it seems, I've looked at the portable units but they're a bit too pricey for my taste, I know someone who uses one when hog hunting, Hogs sense of smell is their greatest defense , much better nose than a deer,, and the guy is a hog killing machine !

Sorry don't know anything about the prices,

Gaswamp

I was always skeptical, but a friend of mine has an ozone generator, one that plugs into a 110v wall socket, it does do away with odors it seems, I've looked at the portable units but they're a bit too pricey for my taste, I know someone who uses one when hog hunting, Hogs sense of smell is their greatest defense , much better nose than a deer,, and the guy is a hog killing machine !

Sorry don't know anything about the prices,
what model does your friend have and is he using it to keep a room scent free?

AustinB

I just recently purchased the Orion after using one last year. I won't say that they work 100% of the time but they definitely help. I have watched deer go downwind stop raise there head and then continue on. They knew something was up but not enough to run off. The one that I borrowed was the Orion and that is why I bought that one as opposed to the 200 or 300.

transfixer

what model does your friend have and is he using it to keep a room scent free?

I don't know the model, but its one of the small square box ones like they sell on Amazon, that isn't where they got it, they've had it a while I believe, and they use it to remove cigarette smoke smell out of rooms, or the car

Tight Lines

OP they are just different strength ozone generators. They work. I worked for a company developing ways to remove scent from public restrooms and we had a pile of PhDs working on different alternatives. It is where I learned about ozone as the BU leader. When Ozonics came out I was skeptical, and didn't want to carry something else...a friend who was a dealer ordered me one and said try it, if you don't like it bring it back within a year and I'll take it back. Still have it.

They are not perfect, and with the wind they certainly can get tripped up but I can say that the only times I've gotten busted they didn't alert but rather I could tell they can smell the ozone and are curious what it is...

I have the original model...probably needs to be rebuilt but seems to still work...

Liberty

I have a small rechargeable one that I swear slows down their nose down in a ground blind including k9 noses. It fits in a shirt pocket. You can’t beat the nose, but with my scent control regiment it seems to give me a few more seconds. If my main hunting partner was over 10 years old we would go aloft, but we will be on the ground a couple more years. I hang mine from the blind ceiling.

across the river

The science is sound. They have been using ozone to neutralize scent for many years, long before deer hunters starting using it. In short, it makes O3 and oxygen wants to exist as O2, so it will oxidize "scent molecules" in the air by giving them the third oxygen. When it gets oxidized, the molecule is changed so it doesn't smell, or at least smell the same to be recognized. I say all that to again say, it isn't a hoax. The problem is the generated O3 molecule has to come in contact with the scent molecule for it to work. The different model numbers, as stated above, just tells you how "big" the unit is. The bigger the unit, the more O3 it generates. Which model you get would depend on your application. If you are hunting out of a tree stand with swirling winds a large model would be better. The less you generate, the less that will come into contact with your molecules that cause you to smell. If you are hunting primarily out of a blind or box stand, a smaller unit might be better, because there is less volume of air you need to cover, and you wouldn't want to sit there and breath a bunch of ozone in. if you are using it in a closet or a tub for your clothes, the smallest model would be plenty big enough because you can make the environment extremely concentrated in ozone.

Last edited:

Preston00

I’ve been reading about them. My biggest concern is how long a unit will last after purchase. They say 2 or 3 ‘seasons’ - before the coil needs replacing. I wish they would give that in hours - as a ‘season’ varies from person to person. Sometimes I have to work all season. It would probably drop sales if they put ‘200 hours’ on the box for a $500 unit. They offer a 1 time coil replacement for $120 - then they want you to purchase another one after that. Another issue is that they do not send you the same unit back - so if you kept yours clean with the fan and housing in good shape, and stored it in a bag - you may be receiving a replacement that is not in the same condition.

Tight Lines

I’ve been reading about them. My biggest concern is how long a unit will last after purchase. They say 2 or 3 ‘seasons’ - before the coil needs replacing. I wish they would give that in hours - as a ‘season’ varies from person to person. Sometimes I have to work all season. It would probably drop sales if they put ‘200 hours’ on the box for a $500 unit. They offer a 1 time coil replacement for $120 - then they want you to purchase another one after that. Another issue is that they do not send you the same unit back - so if you kept yours clean with the fan and housing in good shape, and stored it in a bag - you may be receiving a replacement that is not in the same condition.

I've had mine for 5-6 years and still working...and I hunt 10-15 days per year but I don't take it every time...I don't use mine in a blind or shooting house, only a tree stand...

Todd E

Does anyone have experience with the Ozonics units? Yes

I see a 230, 200, 300, and Orion. Is there really a difference - or do they just change the label every year for $100 more? Yes, there is a difference in the models. Their prices vary on features and output. There is nothing wrong with buying and running a base line model.

Preston00

I've had mine for 5-6 years and still working...and I hunt 10-15 days per year but I don't take it every time...I don't use mine in a blind or shooting house, only a tree stand...
Is it OK to use in the rain, or leave at the stand overnight (morning dew)? The warranty does not cover water damage - how weatherproof is it?

Tight Lines

Is it OK to use in the rain, or leave at the stand overnight (morning dew)? The warranty does not cover water damage - how weatherproof is it?

Not weatherproof at all. Tons of open holes. Probably fine to leave with no rain unless super humid, otherwise, pack in and out...I never leave it...