Can Deer Smell a Chicken Biscuit from Bojangles?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand this whole thought process. Deer don't give a flying crap about biscuits, chicken, smoke, dip, pee, or any of that kind of crap. Human body scent is what scares them. And if a deer is downwind of you, which it has to be to smell that biscuit, it has durn sure done smelled you before it smelled the biscuit. People worry too much about silly stuff.

Worley

It just Depends on brand of buttermilk used in biscuit. If hunting bucks—- the big bucks on camera stay away form spicy filets and turn the Ozonics mega machine on high. That’s what a fella telt me the other day. I’d just stick with a sausage biskit.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
No bojangles in backyard so I guess they’ll have to go without.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Yes. But they like them.

DCHunter

Just stick with chicken. If they smell the chicken they'll be thinking "this guy just eats birds and other small critters. But if you eat a sausage biscuit or steak biscuit, the deer will be thinking "this guy eats bigger critters and mammals like me so I better stay away"

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Just stick with chicken. If they smell the chicken they'll be thinking "this guy just eats birds and other small critters. But if you eat a sausage biscuit or steak biscuit, the deer will be thinking "this guy eats bigger critters and mammals like me so I better stay away"

There`s actually a little truth to that. Ishi wouldn`t eat meat of any kind for two weeks before he went hunting. He said that by doing so he didn`t smell like a predator.

rbureau

Don't know about a chicken biscuit but heard tale of a young boy eatin' a piece of Dominos pizza one mid morning in the stand and had a buck come running in on him with his nose high in the air... boy laid his pizza down a piled him up! Heard it twas a true story.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I try to act like the lion in the jungle. When the lion is full and not hunting. Life is good in the jungle. Chicken biscuit sounds great.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I sleep on a corn shuck mattress the night before I go hunting and bathe in a tub full of shelled corn

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I would be surprised if the smell of a biscuit wouldn't attract them.

Truth.

In my high fence hunting operation I use BJ's chicken biscuits in two of my feeders. I have high resolution drone pictures of a few of the biggest bucks on my hit list(I have named them but I won't bore everyone with the names, except for "Old Mossy Foot". He has big ole feets.) scarfing biscuits.
I have an old claw foot tub full of coffee for them too.

Anywho, them chix biscuits really bring on the toads. By "toads" I mean the frog type toad. Calling one of my freak nasty's a "toad" would be silly.

As soon as I get the #1 freak nasty on my hit list I will post some pictures. I don't like posting pictures of myself on these here interwebs, but I'll be sitting so far behind the seek one caliber deer I'll have to use a pool cue to hold the horns up.

True story.