Favorite Country Voices

GT90

As the wife and I were preparing dinner we were listening to country music on Pandora. Got us to thinking who our favorite country music voices were. As the conversation went on we realized we could not pick just one. We decided on a top five. Not necessarily who the best songwriters were, who had the best lyrics, but whose voices you just like to hear. For me it was...(in no particular order)

George Jones
George Strait
Don Williams
Vince Gill
Willie Nelson

How about you?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Marty Robbins aint heard that name in a long time . saw him run into pit wall here at ATL long ago when he raced that ugly chartreuse/ purple car.....
I was there too! He couldn't drive at all, but he sure could lay out a ballad.

tr21

i will never forget him after his 2nd qualifying lap, didnt know weather to go around again or come in....and BAM, liked to split the car in half !!!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
i will never forget him after his 2nd qualifying lap, didnt know weather to go around again or come in....and BAM, liked to split the car in half !!!!
Figured he was dead on impact, how he came out of that is beyond me.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
This got me to think'n.. I know, scary ain't it... but just wondering how many of Y'all fans of country music have ever seen the real Kowaliga wooden cigar store Indian that Hank Sr. wrote his song about? It's only 148 miles from my house, and I've seen it many times.

Whitefeather

Management Material
1. Waylon Jennings
1A Vern Gosdin

Josh Turner from the newer genre

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
A'm thinkin...

Jerry Reed.
Johnny Cash.

BRB...

TomC

Keith Whitley and Alison Krauss are tops for me.

Lots of others could fill the top 5.......Vince Gill, Joe Diffie, George Jones, Conway, Randy Travis, Willie, so many others.