Rut Roh SEC: OU & Horns Crashin the Party

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Well I’ve been told this was a UGA only forum and other teams weren’t allowed
Not from me. I don't mind you or any of the other non Dawg fans at all. I'm glad we have a few fans of different teams around here. In fact, I wish we had more to talk with, and joke around with.

Besides, I know you like the Dawgs too. So you're all right with me, brother T.

:cheers:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Not from me. I don't mind you or any of the other non Dawg fans at all. I'm glad we have a few fans of different teams around here. In fact, I wish we had more to talk with, and joke around with.

Besides, I know you like the Dawgs too. So you're all right with me, brother T.

:cheers:
We got a bulldog on the family too but it’s not an English bulldog
B13E2BDE-E7AB-4B54-8438-0804BD5D2B3E.jpeg

Silver Britches

Fine looking dog. And he has his own fan too. :bounce:

BuckNasty83

I don't want either of them in the conference, especially Texas. I tried to talk college football with Texas fans on one of their boards during our sugar bowl matchup, and they were some of the most foul fans I've ever been around. They were hoping Bevo would kill UGA, and he almost did. They were also wishing bad things to happen to our players during the game. Apparently, they could say anything on that board, and they did. Myself and a handful of other Dawg fans were treated pretty rough, and I was even banned after a handful of posts for simply saying GO DAWGS after we did something good in the game. I was warned not to say that again, but after what all I read them sick punks saying, I was leaving any way. I don't mind joking and all, but those idiots went too far. And there were a bunch of them on there. I know these idiots don't represent the majority of their fan base, at least I hope not. Still, I don't want them in the SEC. We have a pretty good thing working now. Let's not screw things up.

And if we do have to expand the conference, get teams from the southeast, for crying out loud!

Can't stand folks like that. Even on Vol Nation. And I agree. Plenty of ACC teams fit

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
We aren't the all over the South conference. I think we ought to kick Texas A&M and Missouri out and get back to our roots.
Me too. Maybe pick up a Virginia/Maryland school and a Florida school.

Madsnooker

SEC schools got a staggering amount of yearly payouts compared to the other conferences. Its going to happen folks.

Actually the big makes the most money. In 2019 each school got (I will use your word) staggering 55.6m and the sec was second at 45.2m. In 2020 the big got 55.2m per team and the sec got 55.5m per team. ;)

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
If Bama and Auburn move to the East, Auburn should just expect to play in the Meineke Car Care Center Bowl every year. They'll be the best 8-4 team in the East.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

CroMagnum

I don't want either of them in the conference, especially Texas. I tried to talk college football with Texas fans on one of their boards during our sugar bowl matchup, and they were some of the most foul fans I've ever been around. They were hoping Bevo would kill UGA, and he almost did. They were also wishing bad things to happen to our players during the game. Apparently, they could say anything on that board, and they did. Myself and a handful of other Dawg fans were treated pretty rough, and I was even banned after a handful of posts for simply saying GO DAWGS after we did something good in the game. I was warned not to say that again, but after what all I read them sick punks saying, I was leaving any way. I don't mind joking and all, but those idiots went too far. And there were a bunch of them on there. I know these idiots don't represent the majority of their fan base, at least I hope not. Still, I don't want them in the SEC. We have a pretty good thing working now. Let's not screw things up.

And if we do have to expand the conference, get teams from the southeast, for crying out loud!
Yeah but who else from the Southeast? Clemson and FSU are not leaving the ACC so who does that leave? Central Florida or Miami may be a good fit but other than those 2 it woud have to be a team moving up like Ga Southern right? Curious what everyone thinks. And just an FYI, I am an SEC football fan with a son who graduated from UGA so my money makes me say Go Dawgs but I am a UNC grad so my heart says Go Heels :)

CroMagnum

If Texas & Oklahoma join why in the world would you not let GA Tech in also??
No real benefit to the SEC to bring in Ga Tech - UGA and Auburn already out recruit them in the Atlanta market and they'd be celler dwellers for the next 50 years.
Although - they would improve the SEC's academic standing - Vandy and Ga Tech would be in the finals of the academic bowl every season...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
So—no surprise—now it comes out the SEC has been having negotiations with Texas and OU for about 6 months over this

Which means it’s a done deal.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
We already have a nerd team (vandy) which is pretty much a bye week we don’t need another

bullgator

Why expand at all? They want in for their benefit, not the SECs. The Big 12 fell apart and they can’t piece it back together, so they want to join the SEC. It will be like all the Yankees moving down here and then wanting to tell us how we should run things. No thanks.

Silver Britches

Yeah but who else from the Southeast? Clemson and FSU are not leaving the ACC so who does that leave? Central Florida or Miami may be a good fit but other than those 2 it woud have to be a team moving up like Ga Southern right? Curious what everyone thinks. And just an FYI, I am an SEC football fan with a son who graduated from UGA so my money makes me say Go Dawgs but I am a UNC grad so my heart says Go Heels :)

These teams may not draw the money like a Texas or Oklahoma, but I'd take any one of them over Texas and Oklahoma.

North Carolina
NC State
Ga Tech
Ga Southern
Any of the Florida schools

If we're going to expand the playoffs to allow more teams, I don't understand why we need to expand the SEC any more. I hope they leave the SEC alone. I don't like expansion.

CroMagnum

These teams may not draw the money like a Texas or Oklahoma, but I'd take any one of them over Texas and Oklahoma.

North Carolina
NC State
Ga Tech
Ga Southern
Any of the Florida schools

If we're going to expand the playoffs to allow more teams, I don't understand why we need to expand the SEC any more. I hope they leave the SEC alone. I don't like expansion.
Any of those teams would have to make some major improvements or they'd be middle of the pack for years.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
No real benefit to the SEC to bring in Ga Tech - UGA and Auburn already out recruit them in the Atlanta market and they'd be celler dwellers for the next 50 years.
Although - they would improve the SEC's academic standing - Vandy and Ga Tech would be in the finals of the academic bowl every season...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I agree but they seem more logical than those 2 especially since you have Auburn/Alabama why would you not have UGA/GT!

They would prolly beat Auburn & Florida every year!
:oops: :rofl::rofl: