Rut Roh SEC: OU & Horns Crashin the Party

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

bullgator

These teams may not draw the money like a Texas or Oklahoma, but I'd take any one of them over Texas and Oklahoma.

North Carolina
NC State
Ga Tech
Ga Southern
Any of the Florida schools

If we're going to expand the playoffs to allow more teams, I don't understand why we need to expand the SEC any more. I hope they leave the SEC alone. I don't like expansion.
That would saturate the same markets we already have. From the conference’s viewpoint, they would want to expand markets to tap into new revenue. NC being the possible exception.
Im with you, leave the SEC alone and send them to the Big10.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Even with the unwritten hand shake rule of a school from the same state can say no to an expansion so A&M could vote no. There is the real requirement of 2/3 or 11 of the 14 current SEC schools would have to approve. I can foresee A&M, MO being definite no votes and question if Vandy and Arkansas would be in favor of the expansion. LSU which recruits heavily in TX might also be a no vote.

Last edited:

stonecreek

I’m definitely against any further expansion. I hate to see teams jumping conferences. I believe it’s not good for college football. If anything I would accept one but move Vandy to the ACC where they belong and could be a little more competitive.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I’m definitely against any further expansion. I hate to see teams jumping conferences. I believe it’s not good for college football. If anything I would accept one but move Vandy to the ACC where they belong and could be a little more competitive.

Vandy is an original member and can't be moved out unless they want to.

weagle

UK and Vandy are both charter members From the original group; they ain’t going anywhere. Their tenure gives them much more say so in the conference than you may think. Besides, the conference wouldn’t let Vandy take those academic credentials away.
Bama & Barn will move to the east as predicted. Mizzou moves west to balance.
Saw this map earlier and I agree this is what we probably will be moving forward:
View attachment 1092383

Yep, This makes sense and puts the SEC as the undeniable top dog in the soon to come super college affiliated pro league. NCAA and the make believe amateur conference will be history in 2-3 years.

TinKnocker

Edit: or course Slayer was the one to already post it. ???

Browning Slayer

So—no surprise—now it comes out the SEC has been having negotiations with Texas and OU for about 6 months over this

Which means it’s a done deal.
You might want to root for the Dawgs from here on out.

If not...pffftttt....

We’ll see you disappear and call you a “Vol”...

There goes your retirement....

next thing you know is your 401k lost everything. I hope you invested in “Insurance” cause the Barn is “Done”!!

you can always say “Roll Tide”..

:rofl:

Browning Slayer

You might want to root for the Dawgs from here on out.

If not...pffftttt....

We’ll see you disappear and call you a “Vol”...

There goes your retirement....

next thing you know is your 401k lost everything. I hope you invested in “Insurance” cause the Barn is “Done”!!

you can always say “Roll Tide”..

:rofl:
And Throwback will say... but “Bama”... in the East...

Well “T”...

we’ll be in that conversation. The Barnets won’t!

We may not beat Bama. But you guys won’t beat us! And you lose again!

Auburn will be the best 8-4 team in the East. Your biggest competition will be the Vols...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Browning Slayer

And guess what @Throwback... I still win! Beat Auburn and the Vols...

I don’t care about a Natty!

I enjoy watching you guys wear my Avatars!!!

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!

Browning Slayer

But.... 1980.... uhhhhhh... errrrrr....

How about....

“daddy”....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Browning Slayer

But... uhhhhh... ummmmmm... “next year”... go Dawgs....

Funny how @Throwback always says “next year” when it comes to us Dawgs.

It haunts him like a virus. Cause all he “ever” says is “next year”...

And then we whoop the Barners again. And again... and again... and again.. even in a bad year... whoop again...

My Avatar bets over the last 15 years with him has him not ever wanting to do them again..:rofl:

Browning Slayer

Ya know what “next year” never brings???

A Barn victory over the Dawgs!

but wait... he’ll say “Bama”... cause his team is the Vols of the West. Come to the East! Nothing will change! :rofl::rofl: