Who’s putting some seed in the dirt this weekend?

CarolinaDawg

It’s a little early but with the rain this week we started planting at work and got about 55 acs planted, we could have planted the last 10 but those plots were still a little too wet today.

If nothing crazy happens Cindy and I will be starting on ours first thing in the morning.

Who else is planting early with this rain?
Would have loved to got my planting done last weekend in between rains, but had a trip planned with friends to Athens for the game. Really kicking myself now because there’s no rain in the 10 day forecast.

highbeam

Planted forage oats, abruzzi rye and durana clover on the 17th in two half acre plots. The timing of the rain couldn't have been better. Can't make it back to the property until October 2nd to see the results.

GAbuckhunter88

I was too busy to get them planted and the thought of no rain after this past big rain had me scared. I stuck to my plan to plant next weekend, will finish prepping the plots this weekend.

davidhelmly

I’ve looked at everything we planted at work last week and one the plots on our lease that we planted last weekend and everything is looking really good, some of the oats we planted early last week are 4-5” tall already. I like to wait a little later to plant but the rain forecast was just too good to pass up and I’m glad we didn’t wait.

SakoL61R

2/3 October for me. Hopefully the tractor is back up. If not, gonna broadcast small grains and make passes with the drag harrow hooked up behind the Mule.

deermaster13

Starting on one tract in the morning. Got it mowed this week and got tractor loaded back on the trailer with the harrows on it. They sent us a message they were cutting it in January so with my luck we'll do all this tomorrow and they'll cut it opening weekend!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yeah, mine will be going in next Wednesday/Thursday ..... and a drought shall follow!

The drought has already started because I finished up yesterday.???

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Elfiii, dagnabit!!! We need to co-ordinate out plantings a little better!!! :)

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
George!!! That's my luck!!!!!!

Buckfever

Wanted to plant this weekend, but 2/3 of my plots are either still wet or has standing water in them. Hoping the sunshine and breezy days we're having will dry them out enough that I can plant most of them around the 1st of October.

deermaster13

My sister and I put in 7 plots yesterday on our 167 acres. They'll probably move in and cut it next week with our luck. These 2 plots are safe as they're in some young pines on the tract. Gonna get started on our owned properties today if I can get what equipment I broke yesterday fixed!

Attachments

• IMG_20210925_121933509_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210925_121933509_HDR.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210926_082434.jpg
    IMG_20210926_082434.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21

releehweoj

Planted 10 acres yesterday. What’s better? Planting immediately before big rains, germination and THEN drought - or - planting in dry soil, experiencing same drought and hoping for moisture soon?