Who’s putting some seed in the dirt this weekend?

CarolinaDawg

It’s a little early but with the rain this week we started planting at work and got about 55 acs planted, we could have planted the last 10 but those plots were still a little too wet today.

If nothing crazy happens Cindy and I will be starting on ours first thing in the morning.

Who else is planting early with this rain?
Finally have some rain in the forecast for next week, so I’m planting all of my plots this weekend. I enjoy the habitat management as much as the hunting. Can’t wait!

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
On Wednesday, Thursday and a little this morning, Planted oats, AU Robin crimson clover, Blackhawk arrowleaf, Southern Belle Medium Red Clover, purple top turnips, Diakon Radish and Peanuts! A real borgishmorg!

Now, my rain dancing shoes are on! Bring it on Mother Nature, bring it on! (Ooopppsss was that too many bring it ons?)

SRShunter

I planted the 13th of September. I had 3 bags of icps leftover so I put them in the dirt. I planted oats then too and a fall mix that I got from the local feed store. Gonna broadcast my white crimson clover and chicory right over the top of it around the 12th. I also have one bag of oats leftover that I'm thinking about doing the same thing with, especially if some spots are spotty! Hope everyone's plots germinate well and thrive!!! Happy Hunting and being in the woods, guys.

SRShunter

I planted the 13th of September. I had 3 bags of icps leftover so I put them in the dirt. I planted oats then too and a fall mix that I got from the local feed store. Gonna broadcast my white crimson clover and chicory right over the top of it around the 12th. I also have one bag of oats leftover that I'm thinking about doing the same thing with, especially if some spots are spotty! Hope everyone's plots germinate well and thrive!!! Happy Hunting and being in the woods, guys.

Gaswamp

Planted today, 15 bags coker oats, 15 bags wrens rye, 25 lbs. dwarf Essex rape, 60 bags 10-10-10.
holy cow thats a bunch of seed and fertilizer

Ihunt

I finished up today. I had to replant my alfalfa. My original plot got what basically amounted to root rot from the wet summer we had. While I love alfalfa, it’s a picky plant that gets sick very easily and at times loves some TLC. But it is a deer magnet.

All I have left is about 5.5 acres of winter wheat to plant. I will plant that the end of November. This will be a combination deer/dove field.

Most of my plots this year are a combination of oats and frosty Berseem clover. A couple have AWP in them and a couple are just alfalfa. Trying to learn if the Frosty is as attractive as they say. If so, it will become a fall staple.

Good luck to everyone this year.

CarolinaDawg

It’s a little early but with the rain this week we started planting at work and got about 55 acs planted, we could have planted the last 10 but those plots were still a little too wet today.

If nothing crazy happens Cindy and I will be starting on ours first thing in the morning.

Who else is planting early with this rain?

With rain finally in the forecast for my place, planted 6 plots totaling 6 acres (plots range from .5 to 1.5 acres) over the weekend. 4.5 acres got a mix of oats, wheat, triticale, AWPs, crimson clover, daikon radish. 1 acre plot got 50 lbs of cereal grains and 5 lbs of durana and 5 lbs of arrowleaf and crimson. One small .5 acre plot got wheat, crimson, and arrowleaf clovers.
I spray, throw, and either cultipack or mow. Thatch was great in a couple of plots, but spotty in most. My job is done, time for the good Lord to take over!

7A1038F2-EF0A-401E-AFA2-F58EDD54A9F7.jpeg