Wet wading

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Why the concern for sleeping in a tent in spring? I ask because I am planning a multi-day fishing trip to the West Fork of the Chattooga soon. That's a bit downhill from you, but still in the same general region.
Well, it snowed about 6" two weekends ago here, with a high of 34*. It was 28* a couple mornings ago when I got up. April in the mountains can be quite cold.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wet waded this afternoon. Felt good. It was about 80* this afternoon.

flyrod444

is it legal to turn stockers lose in native trout water

In NC if property is privately owned it can be stocked. I think you might have to get a permit to do so. Hatchery must be certified meaning the fish are healthy and parasite free. No clue on how it is in Georgia.

DOUG 281

i know years ago a guy was trying to stock the river it is hatchery stocked any how but he wanted to build something across the river so the fish couldn't go up or down the river

DOUG 281

I know the river stays packed with folks fishing in the catch and release area of the river dry files they put some big ones in there

Taxman

Ended up wet wading last two days of the trip. Fishing was
typical for the Park in April. Caught several each day and all
under 10"s. The biggest was caught on a Beaded Zebra midge.
No stand out nymph. I spent more time following behind my
Son than fishing. His skills are a little rusty after living in
San Diego for the last 6 years. We had a great trip:))).

Once again, thank you all for your input!

Last edited:

Taxman

Yay, that time of the year again for me! First trip of the year almost to
the day. Once again, my oldest is flying out to join me. Hopefully
my new Hardy 4wt 10' ultralight will be in the mailbox by the time I leave.
I am going to try using a mono rig with the new rod.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yay, that time of the year again for me! First trip of the year almost to
the day. Once again, my oldest is flying out to join me. Hopefully
my new Hardy 4wt 10' ultralight will be in the mailbox by the time I leave.
I am going to try using a mono rig with the new rod.
Mono rig is about all I use for nymphing the last few years. Maybe the creeks will go down some for you, they're slap blown out right now. High is 40 here today and pouring.

Resica

I've wet waded up here in the mtns on some freestone streams in November. It was chilly but didn't drive me out until I slipped getting back in at a spot. Didn't care for my backside getting wet. Think the water temps. were in the 40's.

Taxman

Mono rig is about all I use for nymphing the last few years. Maybe the creeks will go down some for you, they're slap blown out right now. High is 40 here today and pouring.
Hater!!! Its going to be sunny and warm with the Warbler's singing and a hatch of Cicada's blowing in from the South Sea's!!!! I probably won't even need a quilt because the South wind blowing in the Cicadas will bring unseasonably warm weather next week.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hater!!! Its going to be sunny and warm with the Warbler's singing and a hatch of Cicada's blowing in from the South Sea's!!!!
When you coming up?

Taxman

20th. I have been doing some training hikes so the first trip of the year wouldn’t be so dern painful!! Lol. I will read my fishing diary to determine which flies performed best last April.

Latest posts