God's Free and Abundant Promises for the Need of Man

brutally honest

Denying Christ and committing sin constitutes backsliding and makes one a sinner. " Whosoever committieth sin is the servant sin" applies to Peter as it does to everyone since. He cursed and swore and therefore had a moral fall and needed conversion as well as anyone else who would do this (Mk. 14:66-72). He went out immediately and repented and was converted (saved) again, fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus of his backsliding and conversion. Thus he was converted twice after meeting Jesus.

200.gif

tell sackett

1 Jn. 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin

Meaning We are cleansed from all sin from the time of confession of sin (v 9) and as long as we walk in the light .

1 Jn 1:8 this is speaking of the sinner before he is saved.
1 Jn. 10 This is also speaking of a sinner. 1:Jn 2:1, 2 will back this.

John was an unsaved man when he wrote this? Really?

Madman

I believe them but we’ll probably disagree on their meaning.
Paul is speaking to Timothy, one who has been placed in apostolic succession by the laying on of hands. But then you and I already understand what that is and what that means.

brutally honest

Paul is speaking to Timothy, one who has been placed in apostolic succession by the laying on of hands. But then you and I already understand what that is and what that means.

Many people who really love 2 Tim. 2:15 are dispensationalists or hyper-dispensationalists. The latter believe only Paul’s letter are for Christians today. I’m reading a book now by Michael Brown called “Hyper-Grace”. Some of the pastors he’s writing against take a similar position.

BanjoPicker

"For after all these things [good things of life] do the Gentiles seek: for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Mt. 6:31-33); "He that soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully . . . . God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work" (2 Cor. 9:6-8); "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:19); "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you , ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (Jn. 15:7, 16); "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul propspereth" (3 Jn. 2).

BanjoPicker

What could be more clear? How could God express His highest will any other way? Why should we limit God and His bountifulness to us just because we fear we may backslide? Why not make up our minds that we will watch any danger of riches and prosperity and act sensibly with what God blesses us with? Why not use it for God's glory and the good of others and there will be no limitation concerning blessings?

BanjoPicker

HEALING AND HEALTH.

There are scores of promises in both Testaments concerning the healing and health of God's people: "If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statues, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, Which I have brought upon Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee" (Ex. 15:26); "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. . . . Surely, he shall deliver thee from the noisome pestilence. . . . Thou shalt not be afraid of the pestilence that walketh in darkness. . . . A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. . . . There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. . . . With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation" (Ps. 91); "Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases" (Ps. 103:3-5); "He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed" (Isa. 53:4, 5); "The shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily (Isa. 58:8).

BanjoPicker

Christ came "to destroy the works of the devil" (1 Jn. 3:9) and to deliver "all that were oppressed by the devil" (Acts 10:38). He came to do this not only for three years during His ministry, but forever. He commissioned the disciples to carry on His work that He began both to do and to teach (Mt. 28:19, 20; Mk. 16:15-20; Jn. 14:12-15; Acts 1:1, 2, 8). Early believers did carry on this work until they lost the faith (Acts 3; 5:16; Jas. 5:14-16). Present Christians are to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints (Jude 3; 2 Cor. 10:4-6; Eph. 6:10-18).

BanjoPicker

There are many scores of Scriptures teaching healing and health for believers, no man with any faith in God and His Word can deny the fact that healing and health are both in the Bible, so do not be deceived by false teachings of men that teach to the contrary. If you want healing, then believe the above quoted passages and do not deny such a truth. Cooperate with God against the devil and do as God says and you will be healed.

BanjoPicker

WANTS AND NEEDS.

All wants and needs are provided by God in the promises of the gospel through Christ. The common theory is that just the bare needs will be met by God and that then these necessities are hard to get, but the Bibles teaches that all man's wants are abundantly provided for and that such supplies are easy to get by faith: "All things are possible to him that believeth " (Mk. 9:23); Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, that WHOSOEVER shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and SHALL NOT DOUBT IN HIS HEART, but SHALL BELIEVE that those things which he saith shall come to pass; HE SHALL HAVE WHATSOEVER HE SAIDTH. Therefore I say unto you, WHAT THINGS SOEVER YE DESIRE, when ye pray, BELIEVE THAT YE RECEIVE THEM, and YE SHALL HAVE THEM" (Mk. 11:22-24).