Covid —how long did it last?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
First time 3 weeks. Extremely sick w/shortness of breath issues continuing for months.
Second time was like a very mild head cold or sinus flare up for a couple of days.

SarahFair

I think it went through our house late 2019. Our oldest son had a terrible cough he just could not get rid of, maybe a month or so, then I got sick early December and couldn't walk from the bed to the bathroom without having to kneel on all 4s to catch my breath.
I had no idea what was wrong with me, seems like that lasted about a week.

Then I had it for sure spring of 2021 (i think), I felt extremely exhausted one day, had a scratchy throat a couple days, I Just thought it was spring allergies, the only things that prompted me to get tested was my son was home on quarantine due to exposure and I walked into a room with a burning candle and couldn't smell it (he tested negative, I was positive).
I only lost my sense of smell for 1 day. After that day of extreme exhaustion I felt perfectly fine, but had to quarantine for 10 days. The SO got it, but no symptoms beside allergy like.
Those were all Dr office tests.

My neighbor across the street had it last summer and it hit her hard because she laid around on the couch and pneumonia developed in her lungs. The ER told her that was the worst thing she could have done.
She was coming up positive for WEEKS with home tests, even after all symptoms were gone, so :huh:

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
My neighbor across the street had it last summer and it hit her hard because she laid around on the couch and pneumonia developed in her lungs. The ER told her that was the worst thing she could have done.
She was coming up positive for WEEKS with home tests, even after all symptoms were gone, so :huh:
1st time I had it in 2020 ER Dr. cautioned me to walk every day to prevent pneumonia.
Wife & I walked down our road a short distance a couple of times daily. Unbelievable how slowly I had to walk & how out of breath I was - that shortness of breath scared me.

LTZ25

Brother and wife anti vac's folks , went on cruise 2 weeks ago but had to take covid tests to get cleared to go , went to Dr,s where he passed she failed , at that point I asked him which nurse is going , he laughed and nurse say take another test she did she passed ( she must have got well in 5 minutes ) and off they sailed But they could not get off at some ports due to not pay Pfizer tax .

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Keep hearing about ivemectin. How hard is it to get a script?
According to who your Doc is. I know of two local docs, one was told by their 'higher ups' not to give it out. The other will. We ordered some on line that another member here had given me the web site. If interested PM me and I'll try and give it to you

And to stay on topic, three in my family had it about the same time. The one in the worst shape (pre rona) took ivermectin and roner didn't affect them much

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
August 2020 was first round for me. Lost smell and taste. Took about two months for my taste to come back. I still haven’t gotten all my smell back. I can smell good stuff - soap, cooking, etc. I can’t smell trash or dirty baby diapers.

March 2021 was second round and I never knew I had Covid other than a test saying I was positive.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Hope you get well soon, T. I had that junk and it was no fun.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
So Halloween I felt awful. Went to urgent care Tuesday nov 1. Tested positive for the flu. No surprise.
Started feeling better that Thursday.

That same week my wife started feeling sick. Friday the 4th she tested positive for Covid at urgent care Later that day I noticed my sense of taste and smell had evaporated. Yep. I tested positive for Covid too.

So today (5 days later) we both tested positive again on home tests. I still feel exhausted from doing some minor chore, achey but no fever, cough some but not real bad.

How long is this going to last ? How long did it take you to not test hot?

ETA the good thing is I’m sure I’ll lost weight I have no sense of taste and no appetite
Both wife and I are vexed and boosted. In Aug/Sept this year 2022, we both tested positive. Both took anti viral meds. I tested positive for only three days. She tested + for two weeks.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
2 weeks for me, week and a half for my bride. We both were positive January of this year, not vaxed. Two sons didn’t get it, although we think the oldest got it back in 19 before we knew what it was. I had severe back pain and a headache for 3 days, after that just had absolutely no energy and felt depressed which is not me at all. I can’t hardly smell so I don’t know if I lost that sense or not, taste was affected some.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I had a low grade fever for 4 days, mostly in the evenings. I didn't miss any work from it because my office is off by itself, and I could do my work without contacting others. I felt drained of energy for a good 7 to 10 days. Sense of taste took a good 2 months to come back.

My wife was similar, except she says things still don't taste right. especially red meat and citrus. We had it in June of 2021

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I am on my second go with it now. Thought it was the Flu, but tested negative for that and positive for the Rona.

First round with it, I was down maybe 3 days. Had to miss 10 days of work, but could have gone back in 4 if they would have let me.

This time felt poorly yesterday, saw the doctor today, got a shot of steroids, plus 3 scripts. Antibiotics, steroids and nausea mess.

Now they only quarantine for 5 days, so who knows.

Remember this too you can test positive for up to 6 months after you have it.. so getting tested isn’t gonna tell much..

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Remember this too you can test positive for up to 6 months after you have it.. so getting tested isn’t gonna tell much..
I had the flu for a week before this and had this for a week I feel like I’ve been in jail for 2 weeks already