Saban in on the act too!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
317873927_581969413917902_6252162541642475583_n.jpg

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It's a flawed system in many ways.

Would Bama beat tcu? Yeah, probably by 30 imo.

Does Bama deserve to be in with 2 losses and not playing in the sec championship? Not really imo.
It’s not really flawed.
I was think it would be by 30 also.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It's a flawed system in many ways.

Would Bama beat tcu? Yeah, probably by 30 imo.

Does Bama deserve to be in with 2 losses and not playing in the sec championship? Not really imo.
How is it flawed? Could Bama beat TCU? We'll never know cause Bama lost too many games. If Bama would have won their games, they would be in. Quit trying to give Bama something it hasn't earned. The only thing Bama earned was 2 losses and they should be thankful it wasn't 4.

Shadow11

How is it flawed? Could Bama beat TCU? We'll never know cause Bama lost too many games. If Bama would have won their games, they would be in. Quit trying to give Bama something it hasn't earned. The only thing Bama earned was 2 losses and they should be thankful it wasn't 4.
You completely misunderstood

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You know what’s funny? In every other sport at every level of play rankings are determined by W/L records and nothing else. Popularity is for the fan bases to work out.

fatback

I still don’t understand how folks think Bama is better than UT
As currently constituted, with Tenn’s QB being hurt and unavailable, on a neutral field, Bama would certainly be favored. As I stated earlier, are you looking for the best teams or the most deserving teams. In relation to how things currently sit, TCU and Tenn are certainly more deserving to be in the playoff than Bama, no doubt. I believe Bama, currently, would pose the biggest threat to any of the other teams still in contention. Ask yourself this, if Bama and Tenn were to play next weekend, on a neutral field, and you had to wager a years salary on the outcome, which team would you bet on? If the college football playoff is supposed to get the 4 most deserving teams then TCU is in. If it’s goal is to get the 4 best teams at the end of the season then I believe that Bama has a stronger case than TCU or Tenn. Also, for the record I am not a fan of any of the teams being discussed so I really don’t care who wins it all, I would just prefer to have the most entertaining games possible.

bullgator

So what if Bama gets in and wins it all. Do we really want a 2 loss champion?

poohbear

He did make one good point that could be argued….

"I guess I would ask the question: If we played these teams in question, would we be underdogs in the game or not?" he said. "That should answer everybody's questions relative to who the best teams are at present. That's how this should play out."
In my opinion it would be up to some debate

SpotandStalk

As currently constituted, with Tenn’s QB being hurt and unavailable, on a neutral field, Bama would certainly be favored. As I stated earlier, are you looking for the best teams or the most deserving teams. In relation to how things currently sit, TCU and Tenn are certainly more deserving to be in the playoff than Bama, no doubt. I believe Bama, currently, would pose the biggest threat to any of the other teams still in contention. Ask yourself this, if Bama and Tenn were to play next weekend, on a neutral field, and you had to wager a years salary on the outcome, which team would you bet on? If the college football playoff is supposed to get the 4 most deserving teams then TCU is in. If it’s goal is to get the 4 best teams at the end of the season then I believe that Bama has a stronger case than TCU or Tenn. Also, for the record I am not a fan of any of the teams being discussed so I really don’t care who wins it all, I would just prefer to have the most entertaining games possible.

Bama was favored by 8.5 earlier this year and we see how that worked out.

poohbear

Have y’all noticed ole Saban he is really showing his age looks like his hair is thinning out just looks like he is not having any fun maybe time to think about retirement

SpotandStalk

He did make one good point that could be argued….

"I guess I would ask the question: If we played these teams in question, would we be underdogs in the game or not?" he said. "That should answer everybody's questions relative to who the best teams are at present. That's how this should play out."

Just because you’re favored doesn’t mean you’re the best team. Bama is 5-6-1 ats this year. Sounds like they weren’t quite as good as many thought.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If UGA has started their “dynasty“ Kirby and many of the people in this thread would be about 70 when UGA achieves what Bama has.
FYI, I like Kirby and the Stetson story is the stuff of movies.