Converting Jews to Christianity

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
1. They arent hungry. They already eating.
2. They arent sick. They already have a doctor.
Maybe just leave them alone?
A buffet is there for a reason. People are diverse. Not everyone likes fried chicken, they may want ribs if ribs are available. No one is force feeding them.

They can turn the channel if they want.

WaltL1

Jesus’ last words to His disciples were not “maybe just leave them alone”. He said “go make disciples of all nations”. As I said, they are free to refuse the offer.
To you, thats probably the ultimate justification.
To me, it just reinforces my point about many religions.

WaltL1

A buffet is there for a reason. People are diverse. Not everyone likes fried chicken, they may want ribs if ribs are available. No one is force feeding them.

They can turn the channel if they want.
But if you eat these instead of what you already put on your plate, you will get this and this and this and this will happen and that will happen.....
Without actually KNOWING what will or wont happen or what they would get.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
But if you eat these instead of what you already put on your plate, you will get this and this and this and this will happen and that will happen.....
Most are selling non FDA approved supplements that are large on claims and short on gains.
I never saw so many people look way older and less athletic for their age like when those Fruits and Veggies in a pill are advertised. Similarly, the ones offering sweeter desserts instead of fish at the religious buffets aren't exactly reaping any more or any less benefits than the others who they say need benefitting.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Of course. As a Christian, it’s the only justification I need. Jesus said to do it.
Do you give your ear and time to the Jehovah's Witnesses when they come calling to tell you about what Jesus said, or do you say no thanks that you got your own thing going on?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Ok……..what if it only consisted of atheism………or Christianity? Would you rather chose for yourself or have others chose for you?

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Do you give your ear and time to the Jehovah's Witnesses when they come calling to tell you about what Jesus said, or do you say no thanks that you got your own thing going on?
By choice only. That’s all that’s going on in Israel - it’s a tv channel. They either chose to watch or turn to baseball.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Maybe we can get the same support when another religion sets up camp in America instead of the typical “they have freedom too” or “their God is just as legitimate as your God” speech.

WaltL1

Ok……..what if it only consisted of atheism………or Christianity? Would you rather chose for yourself or have others chose for you?
Not much of a buffet.:bounce:
While I get your point, I would choose the one that could be backed up by the available evidence.
I dont take a car salesman at his word either. Test drive, research etc. to try and get some facts.

660griz

Not getting through all the towns of Isreal is a pretty small world, no?

Matthew 10:23
When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
You aint reading it right. :)

WaltL1

Maybe we can get the same support when another religion sets up camp in America instead of the typical “they have freedom too” or “their God is just as legitimate as your God” speech.
I think that camp is already under construction. And while they do have freedom and technically their god is just as legitimate (evidence wise), that doesnt mean I would be on their side.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
By choice only. That’s all that’s going on in Israel - it’s a tv channel. They either chose to watch or turn to baseball.
I was just wondering if the Christians in here honor the other Christians when they want to spread the word to you.

brutally honest

I have never been approached by any religious group -- no JW, no Mormon, no Baptist, no nothing. Go figure.

That said, I would be happy to discuss issues of the faith, despite there being little chance of changing minds, just like I'm happy to occasionally pop in here and discuss issues.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I was just wondering if the Christians in here honor the other Christians when they want to spread the word to you.
Gotcha.

Based on that, I’ve shut people down. But I base it off of their attitude. Spreading the word is a two way street. Not much different in sharing fishing stories, at least for me. I’ll listen but give me time to talk, too.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
You aint reading it right. :)
I just mailed him a pair of specialized Christian lenses………next week he’ll read things “right”…….I just hope he don’t try to take up an offering!

WaltL1

Of course. As a Christian, it’s the only justification I need. Jesus said to do it.
Or maybe thats just the story told to motivate other Christians to go out and grow Christianities power and wealth.
Thats possible too.

WaltL1

I have never been approached by any religious group -- no JW, no Mormon, no Baptist, no nothing. Go figure.

That said, I would be happy to discuss issues of the faith, despite there being little chance of changing minds, just like I'm happy to occasionally pop in here and discuss issues.
Used to be you couldnt go through an airport without being run down several
times by JWs. Havent seen them in years though.

Artfuldodger

Considering myself an apologetic , I would appreciate some info, link, etc.... to study over regarding the thoughts behind opposition to Jesus as the Jewish messiah for Jews.... But, with a different mindset of him being fully man, not God. I realize this may be hard to separate from the orthodox claiming Christian version as we see today. I can sort that out if need be.
No links but was just wondering, does Judaism teach that the anointed King from the line of David would be God?

1gr8buildit

Getting started.... Some of these objections, I have never heard.... and lean in the direction that this writer is not even real Jewish decent. Things such as Jesus could not be the Messiah due to a verse of once Messiah comes.... that everyone will become vegitarian, or the nile will run dry, etc. Far reaching, Interesting though as I ponder through the one's that are likely problematic for Jews. Such as looking for an immediate upgrade to the top of the food chain, in regards from going from suppressed to envied as God's chosen people