To those who dont beleive

ambush80

EXACTLY. Whats easier to believe someone made all you see around you or.....we are descendants of monkeys::ke:

I will say this once and you should tell it to all the other Creationists:

According to The Theory of Evolution, man did not evolve from monkeys. They evolved from a common ancestor.

Does the story and time line of the Creation story in Genesis make sense in light of all your experiences and all the things that you may have learned about the physical world?

Lastly, if there is a creator, what if you are wrong about WHO the creator is?

atlashunter

One problem I have with the whole background of scripture and how it came to be, how it was passed down and changed along the way, the sometimes murderous conflicts over which scriptures would prevail in the faith, etc. is when I look at how wonderful and amazing, vast and powerful the universe is I can't help but think that if all of it was created by some being and if that being wanted to be known by us it would be more than capable of making itself known in a way that left no doubts. It wouldn't be done in the way that theists expect us to believe. Religion and especially the Abrahamic religions appear just as we would expect a fabricated man made religion to look.

Buckhustler

Your really gonna try to disprove my god by the dissection of an animal? What does that prove? Only Jesus Christ was perfect when he walked this earth. God didn't create humans and animals perfectly.

Achilles Return

Your really gonna try to disprove my god by the dissection of an animal? What does that prove? Only Jesus Christ was perfect when he walked this earth. God didn't create humans and animals perfectly.

So you're telling me 'god' purposely created animals inefficiently to fool scientists? Alright dude. Believe what you want - I think I'll go with what evidence supports.

vowell462

I didnt see where he was trying to disprove "your" god. He was trying to prove evolution. If " your god" doesnt create animals perfectly, then doesnt that explain why they would change over time? Is that your answer to evolution?

Buckhustler

So you're telling me 'god' purposely created animals inefficiently to fool scientists? Alright dude. Believe what you want - I think I'll go with what evidence supports.

Dissecting a giraffe proves there is no god? And no... Scientist try their best to prove false theories to prove their is no god. So you go with what "evidence" supports and not proves? So your betting your eternity over this?

Dissecting a giraffe proves there is no god? And no... Scientist try their best to prove false theories to prove their is no god. So you go with what "evidence" supports and not proves? So your betting your eternity over this?

Which God are you betting your eternity on?

RW

Achilles Return

Are you capable of reading what I type, or are you simply going to continue to supply your own answers? No, you cannot prove a negation. For example - prove there isn't an invisible teapot on the flip side of the moon. Not possible, right?

And no, scientists do not try to prove there isn't a god. That's absolutely ridiculous. Biologists don't even bother to 'prove' evolution at this point - it's accepted curriculum.

There isn't an eternity to bet on, by the way. This is all you get. And besides, 'betting' goes against my morals.

Buckhustler

I'm not here to argue with you. I pray you find your way back to god.

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Proverbs 28:26
Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

vowell462

Are you capable of reading what I type, or are you simply going to continue to supply your own answers? No, you cannot prove a negation. For example - prove there isn't an invisible teapot on the flip side of the moon. Not possible, right?

And no, scientists do not try to prove there isn't a god. That's absolutely ridiculous. Biologists don't even bother to 'prove' evolution at this point - it's accepted curriculum.

There isn't an eternity to bet on, by the way. This is all you get. And besides, 'betting' goes against my morals.

Agreed. Dont know of any scientists that try and disprove god. They just have a thirst for knowledge and seek answers. Therefore, they do research and come up with suggestions and sometimes hard evidence, like evolution.

stringmusic

Why is it accepted cirriculum if it cant be "proven"?

There isn't an eternity to bet on, by the way. This is all you get.
You sure?

And besides, 'betting' goes against my morals.

You have bet that there is no eternity havent you? Why is it against your morals?

Achilles Return

I'm not here to argue with you. I pray you find your way back to god.

Psalm 14:1
The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

You say you aren't here to argue with me, yet you're the one who originally responded to me - make up your mind.

As to your verse, answer me this - its meaning is very clear, atheists do abominable deeds, and I am not capable of doing good. Do you truly believe this? Am I not capable of doing something that's good? What have I done that is ' worthy of or causing disgust or hatred'?

If you refuse to answer me one that, how about this? Bill Gates opened the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world. He has given over 28 billion dollars to aid to various causes, and continuously pledges to give over half of his wealth to charity. Is that abominable? As someone who doesn't believe in god, I thought he wouldn't be capable of acts that were good?

It's a clear example of where your bible is obviously not correct. There are atheists that do a multitude of good work - your religion certainly doesn't have the exclusivity on good morals. That's a sick joke.

stringmusic

You say you aren't here to argue with me, yet you're the one who originally responded to me - make up your mind.

As to your verse, answer me this - its meaning is very clear, atheists do abominable deeds, and I am not capable of doing good. Do you truly believe this? Am I not capable of doing something that's good? What have I done that is ' worthy of or causing disgust or hatred'?

If you refuse to answer me one that, how about this? Bill Gates opened the largest transparently operated charitable foundation in the world. He has given over 28 billion dollars to aid to various causes, and continuously pledges to give over half of his wealth to charity. Is that abominable? As someone who doesn't believe in god, I thought he wouldn't be capable of acts that were good?

It's a clear example of where your bible is obviously not correct. There are atheists that do a multitude of good work - your religion certainly doesn't have the exclusivity on good morals. That's a sick joke.
Nor does it claim to.

Achilles Return

Why is it accepted cirriculum if it cant be "proven"?

There is a mountain of evidence supporting evolution, it is a central tenet of biological science. Not 'believing' it is akin to not believing the earth revolves around the sun. The United States is alone in the industrialized world where evolution is doubted among the general populace (And it absolutely isn't among american biologists, do not ever get that idea). In fact, we sit among the Islamic nations in our percentages of acceptance. Kind of pathetic.

You sure?

In the sense that I absolutely no reason not to be, sure. There is no physical or natural evidence that suggests consciousness will survive the termination of our brain. 'Hoping' or having faith that we will is not a notion based in reason, but almost purely out of fear of death. Basically, our ancient ancestors liked thinking we'll see our loved ones again, and that gradually turned into organized religion. Christianity is no exception.

You have bet that there is no eternity havent you? Why is it against your morals?

I'm not 'betting' anything. The fact that christianity turns into 'gambling on your (after)life' is something I find disgusting. Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ---- is the most ridiculous and archaic thing in christian doctrine, and it's what makes it seem less of some 'true religion' and more of mechanism for the ruling elite to control the uneducated masses. The majorities have been duped for a long time.

The quicker the death of religion comes, the better for humanity. In my opinion, anyways.

Achilles Return

Nor does it claim to.

And yet it claims that those without god aren't capable of good. But you didn't have any response for that, did you? Picking and choosing, picking and choosing - the christian way?

stringmusic

And yet it claims that those without god aren't capable of good. But you didn't have any response for that, did you? Picking and choosing, picking and choosing - the christian way?

Doing good apart from God is a waste of time in the Christian framework. There is no good apart from God.

stringmusic

why are you so upset?

Buckhustler

I'm not saying you aren't a good person. From what I see this means doing good for yourself and your self esteem and not for the glory of god. The bible says give the glory to god. Money means nothing. Have you ever heard about the story where the poor widow?

Luke 21:1-4
As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

How is the bible not correct? You are misinterpreting it....