To those who dont beleive

Buckhustler

"Basically, our ancient ancestors liked thinking we'll see our loved ones again, and that gradually turned into organized religion"

How do you know this? You just made that up?..... That is someones, or your own, theory?

Buckhustler

Why do you find it gross and immoral? He is the one who created all things. All the joy in your life that you have ever experienced and will experience was given to you by him. He has given you everything! He has given you life itself! Why wouldn't you do good for him? He even gave his life for you and you try to deny him and prove him false.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Achilles Return

I'm not saying you aren't a good person. From what I see this means doing good for yourself and your self esteem and not for the glory of god. The bible says give the glory to god. Money means nothing. Have you ever heard about the story where the poor widow?

Thanks for making up your mind and continuing to argue with me.

It looks to me like you just created your own interpretation to fit your world view and escape the obvious contradiction I pointed out. The words were pretty clear in verse you quoted - you can't just say 'No, they actually mean something other than what they say', or 'No, your interpretation is wrong, here is mine'. For one, how do you know Bill Gates is giving money for his self-esteem? Where do you get off on accusing anyone of this?

Money may mean nothing to you, but when it pays for aid for starving children, or cancer research - I would argue that can be used for good.

Don't bother blabbering out bible verses to me. I've been there, and I'm pretty confident I know my way around the bible better than you. Not to be a jerk, but I was extremely christian in my day.

Achilles Return

Why do you find it gross and immoral? He is the one who created all things. All the joy in your life that you have ever experienced and will experience was given to you by him. He has given you everything! He has given you life itself! Why wouldn't you do good for him? He even gave his life for you and you try to deny him and prove him false.

I have no reason to think 'he' is real. Don't talk to me like it's a fact that he does. It isn't, no matter how much you 'wished' it was.

crbrumbelow

What have I done that is ' worthy of or causing disgust or hatred'?

Every one of your responses is worded in an arrogant way that irritates just about everyone on here but your running buddies. You purposely do this to try and demean Christians and continually reword your responses and say the same thing over and over again. So yes, your arrogant, cocky remarks drive many of US to disgust.

Buckhustler

Im not arguing with you. Im having a simple conversation and you seem to be getting hot tempered and "arguing". And no its not my own created interpretation. It is the word of god. Im not talking about Bill Gates self esteem. And about having no reason to think he is real.... He died for you. Can I ask you a Question? Why are you here to talk about atheism?

Achilles Return

Every one of your responses is worded in an arrogant way that irritates just about everyone on here but your running buddies. You purposely do this to try and demean Christians and continually reword your responses and say the same thing over and over again. So yes, your arrogant, cocky remarks drive many of US to disgust.

Since when did using grammatically correct English become typing in an 'arrogant way'. Is disagreeing with christians now demeaning?

Besides, has the characterization of your arguments been anything other than 'God exists'? You accuse me of rewording and saying things repetitively, and I don't see any different kind of behavior from you.

And for all the disgusting behavior I apparently emit, you'll never see me send a private message covered in swear words threatening physical harm.

Buckhustler

You really like to reword peoples sentences and make yourself look good don't you? Do you find pleasure in it?

Achilles Return

Im not arguing with you. Im having a simple conversation and you seem to be getting hot tempered and "arguing". And no its not my own created interpretation. It is the word of god. Im not talking about Bill Gates self esteem. And about having no reason to think he is real.... He died for you. Can I ask you a Question? Why are you here to talk about atheism?

Mental exercise, on some level. I'm also probably the only 'voice' of atheism most of you will meet, living in the south. I try to answer questions and spark debate to the best of my ability. I don't pretend to have all the answers, and you'll never see me suggest otherwise.

But I absolutely do not submit to any sort of christian superiority, and if I read something that I find mis-characterizes my beliefs or atheism in general - I'll speak up.

You say he died for me - well I say prove he existed, with something other than the bible.

stringmusic

Mental exercise, on some level. I'm also probably the only 'voice' of atheism most of you will meet, living in the south. I try to answer questions and spark debate to the best of my ability. I don't pretend to have all the answers, and you'll never see me suggest otherwise.

But I absolutely do not submit to any sort of christian superiority, and if I read something that I find mis-characterizes my beliefs or atheism in general - I'll speak up.

You say he died for me - well I say prove he existed, with something other than the bible.

Would you accept something other than the Bible, or would you discount that as well?

Achilles Return

You really like to reword peoples sentences and make yourself look good don't you? Do you find pleasure in it?

I look at things logically. I can point out errors in logic fairly easily. I don't beat around that fact, so I might seem blunt about things. No ones forcing you to read what I have to say.

You are so quick to look at me as the bad guy, what am I really doing other than ask questions that make you guys uncomfortable? Am I supposed to appear like I lack confidence to appeal to sensibilities?

Buckhustler

Why cant I use the bible? Did you watch the video posted by stringmusic? 99.6% historically correct.... Id say its pretty accurate and you are doing "mental exercises" to try and prove it wrong.

Achilles Return

Would you accept something other than the Bible, or would you discount that as well?

I would look into it, as long as the source is valid. Josephus' account is extremely disputed. It's pretty well-known his words were tapered in the centuries following the rise of christianity.

Buckhustler

I am uncomfortable..... Not because of your theories, "logical" thinking, and trying to prove god doesn't exist. I'm uncomfortable because I am commanded to love you and lead you to Christ and you deny him. My brother you could live in heaven for eternity and live in his love, but instead you try to play smart guy and you will burn in he11 for eternity and you will be forever separated from him and any joy ever imagined.