What did you do mountain related today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sautee Ridgerunner

One thing I will say is the whites I do see are still a little concerning with their small size. Theyre growing, just not where Id expect at the end of july. Reds seem to have done real well again and squirrels are already starting to cut little mtn oaks.

That’s all youre getting out of me on an open forum. Im headed to kill some fishes.

ddd-shooter

One thing I will say is the whites I do see are still a little concerning with their small size. Theyre growing, just not where Id expect at the end of july. Reds seem to have done real well again and squirrels are already starting to cut little mtn oaks.

That’s all youre getting out of me on an open forum. Im headed to kill some fishes.
Since when was acorn production a state secret here? Lol
Y'all are funny.

Buckman18

Ask Buckman. He’ll set everyone straight

Haha! I dont mind sharing because the more bears that get killed the better the deer hunting will be!

Right now, I'm finding the most bear sign and acorns on the stephens county side of Lake Russell WMA from about 900-1300 ft elevation. I wasn't expecting to find much there but I was catching specs up one of the feeder the creeks a couple weeks back, and about got eat up by one that wanted my fish. Then I started looking and just wow.

Haha! I dont mind sharing because the more bears that get killed the better the deer hunting will be!

Right now, I'm finding the most bear sign and acorns on the stephens county side of Lake Russell WMA from about 900-1300 ft elevation. I wasn't expecting to find much there but I was catching specs up one of the feeder the creeks a couple weeks back, and about got eat up by one that wanted my fish. Then I started looking and just wow.

Thanks. i have a great spot just behind the liquor store dumpster thats between those elevations. Appreciate it!

tree cutter 08

you might get a little company down there this year since the hunting public killed that big buck last year. Be plenty of bears to go around on Russell though!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Got my backpack walk in already this morning. Got the weight in pack up to thirty pounds. Bout the most I can handle without stressing my back out.In about two weeks and some serious scouting /small game hunting starts.

chrislibby88

Got my backpack walk in already this morning. Got the weight in pack up to thirty pounds. Bout the most I can handle without stressing my back out.In about two weeks and some serious scouting /small game hunting starts.
Not sure what pack you have, but a good framed pack that is properly fitted and adjusted should exert the weight into the top of your hip bones between your butt and lower back. If the load is on your shoulders/spine then you need to tighten your laid lifters until you have a gap between your traps and the shoulder strap. If this doesn’t work then you should drop your hip belt lower to lengthen everything out. 30 lbs is fairly light for most packs and should be off your shoulders and you shouldn’t feel any spinal compression.

trad bow

I have a Badlands pack that I’ve had since the early nineties. It carry’s weight with no problems. I’ve had multiple back surgeries and spinal fusion so I’m careful with the weight right now till I get myself in better shape. I’m getting there.

chrislibby88

I have a Badlands pack that I’ve had since the early nineties. It carry’s weight with no problems. I’ve had multiple back surgeries and spinal fusion so I’m careful with the weight right now till I get myself in better shape. I’m getting there.
Ahh I gotcha, yea nvm, I have no advice for bad backs other than bring a young strong friend to do the hauling haha.

trad bow

Yes. Makes a big difference

Professor

you might get a little company down there this year since the hunting public killed that big buck last year. Be plenty of bears to go around on Russell though!
I wondered where they were hunting. That area was a lot less mountain-like than any of the North Georgia WMAs I have hunted in. I also learned watching that video that there is no need to be quiet while hunting deer. I can bring all my friends and we can stomp all through the loud leaves, talking the entire time.

Bobby Bigtime

Spent the weekend camping in some great bear country. The chokecherries are beginning to ripen and we expected to see some but 100 degree heat each day kept them laying low and feeding at night. Season is six weeks out if the fire situation does not improve we are afraid FWP might alter the season. We will pray for rain and keep our fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.