08/13/05--PFA Lake--one Bass

Lightninrod

I went back to the lake where I caught the 7 lber last Wed. Got there about 11 AM. It was windy, 93 degrees, partly cloudy but sunny, and less green in the water today.

I started reelin' in Matt's BB as I have been for the last few months. 9 casts out of 10, I got hung up on hidden stumps. Kept having to go to the stump to free it until even my lure retriever wouldn't free up one. Had to break the line and that was the bait I caught the 7 lber on.

Tied on a new one and rubbed Megastrike all over it for the slipperyness of the grease. Threw it out next to a stick-up in about 14' of water and when I started reeling, I felp another hang-up...or so I first thought. I'm revving up the MK and motoring over to the stump when the line start's to move off to my left. That was a Bass that had either picked the bait off of the stump(doubtful?) or I mistook a hit for a stump.

Anyway, I set the hook and landed a 5 lb-even, 23" Bass. She had the head of the BB in her throat, out of sight. The hook grabbed her rear-most gill but I got it out with no blood. She was also tagged by the DNR as the last one was too.

So, forget ALL I said previously about needing a special reelset/hookset. It now look's like they're sucking the bait in and trying to swallow it without spitting it out.

Dodge Co. PFA Bass

5 lbs even

Skinny

Sorry about the 'finger'

Taped

Dan

Lawnmowerman

tag

Is there something you're supposed to do with the tags, or call the DNR, or something? I mean, they're surely there for a reason,, ::ke:

Lightninrod

Yes, they have a sign at the ramps telling you what to do and they have the forms and a 'mail' box at the cleaning station.

If you keep the Bass, you are to cut the tag off and mail it in with the form. Each tag has its number printed(ya need good eyes to see that little bugger too) on it and if you release the Bass(as I did), you are to leave the tag in the Bass and just copy down the number to put on the form. They want the weight and length too.

I'm guessing they want to track its growth........

Dan

nchunter

nice lookin bass dan :clap: