10 Myths and Thruths about Atheism

WaltL1

It was just an example Walt.

The point was that atheists can decide to do bad things and still live a "meaningful" life, yet you never hear atheists say that anyone evil lived a meaningful life.
I edited my above post. But yeah I guess Im just imagining the similarities

you never hear atheists say that anyone evil lived a meaningful life
Im what I believe is Agnostic so does this count -
Hitler did lead a meaningful life.

WaltL1

String at some point you are going to figure out that nonsense is easily pointed out. I hope you do, it will save us a lot of typing.

stringmusic

string at some point you are going to figure out that nonsense is easily pointed out. I hope you do, it will save us a lot of typing.

lol

WaltL1

Originally Posted by waltl1 View Post
string at some point you are going to figure out that nonsense is easily pointed out. I hope you do, it will save us a lot of typing.
By the way I want to clarify that I dont think everything you post is nonsense. But you do have a tendency to misinterpret, misunderstand and just plain ignore a lot of things that are written. We seem to spend a lot of time addressing those things which takes away from discussing your perfectly legitimate statements and questions which get lost in the chaos.
And at times Im sure I am guilty of the same. Occasionally. Once in a while. Not very often. Hardly ever. Almost never. Once or twice a decade. Not this decade.

stringmusic

By the way I want to clarify that I dont think everything you post is nonsense. But you do have a tendency to misinterpret, misunderstand and just plain ignore a lot of things that are written. We seem to spend a lot of time addressing those things which takes away from discussing your perfectly legitimate statements and questions which get lost in the chaos.
And at times Im sure I am guilty of the same. Occasionally. Once in a while. Not very often. Hardly ever. Almost never. Once or twice a decade. Not this decade.

:rofl:

:cheers:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

string, in all seriousness, take some time....now,next week, next year...whenever.....and read/research about Martin Luther's book.
He wrote it, the words in it are not mine they are his. I am not saying it is anything but what it is and you can take from it whatever you take from it, but at least research it just a little before you face palm dismiss it immediately.

Once you dig deep enough into history you can find reasons for things taking place.

stringmusic

string, in all seriousness, take some time....now,next week, next year...whenever.....and read/research about Martin Luther's book.
He wrote it, the words in it are not mine they are his. I am not saying it is anything but what it is and you can take from it whatever you take from it, but at least research it just a little before you face palm dismiss it immediately.

Once you dig deep enough into history you can find reasons for things taking place.

I didn't facepalm because of anything about Martin Luther, I facepalmed because of this sentence

"Walt, for some it is better to live within a comfort zone rather than go outside of it and find out why things really are as they are."

I don't really know why or how ML got brought up.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I didn't facepalm because of anything about Martin Luther, I facepalmed because of this sentence

I don't really know why or how ML got brought up.

You brought up about 6 millions Jews being killed. Nearly everyone automatically associates Hitler with a remark like that....I took it one step further by linking anti-Jewish sentiment with ML that took place hundreds of years earlier that certainly played a role with Hitler and others before him and still today. Not many people realize there are lots of dots to connect.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I don't think I have ever seen those particular dots connected. Interesting....

Have you looked? There are reasons why people are so easily led into a line of thought. One person can come in and pull it off but it is decades if not centuries in the making. it is not just one country but many that contributed to atrocities against a race of people.

This is just an example of a different magnitude but:
Think about "ObabmaCare"...
This nit-wit is not smart enough to dream all that up by himself after he was elected and he certainly did not make it his life long project with his 2 years as Senator....This stuff was years in the making and they needed the right guy in the right spot to implement a plan that had been in the works for a long time. Nobody else would touch it but 20,000+ pages of that train wreck existed long before the elections.

Hitler was just the nit-wit needed in the right spot at the right time to do what Germany, and half of Europe wanted done. Check into what happened to the Jews in some other countries during that time. That extermination was centuries in the making not only originally founded within religion but backed by it.