100 mph

Gabassmaster

id rather catch a 15 pound bass

Fishlipps Revisited

84 in a 20' tunnel hull stripped down Shadow....low water pickups...nose cone....not the smartest thing i've ever done...

i was driving.....

i knew a guy that got up to 115 in a tunnel hull laser....it was up at Little River about 20 years ago...some may remember....

warrior21

84 in a 20' tunnel hull stripped down Shadow....low water pickups...nose cone....not the smartest thing i've ever done...

i was driving.....

i knew a guy that got up to 115 in a tunnel hull laser....it was up at Little River about 20 years ago...some may remember....

If his initials were DE I remember! His boats were impressive!

GaMudd

Got in to the mid 70's with a buddy (his boat) on Lanier. I may have wet my pants.
Detail are a little fuzzy, but that may have also been the time he cracked the hull straight down the middle.

Worm48555

I heard a guy (Craven I think his name was) that used to fish pot tournaments on the upper end of lanier had a Allison Craft with a Merc off shore racing engine that would run 115 MPH???

Alan in GA

My Triton Stick Steering with a 40 mercury was up to about 74......

...but actually I was in the truck pulling it down the interstate, does that count?

fburris

I don't think I have for sure, but I have been at least 80, and I was riding. That was tooo fast for me. I think it may be different if I am the one driving. 115...Hmmm, I don't think I have ever drank enough booze to even attempt that..

goob

My Bass Tracker Pro17 will run about 30-35 mph with two fat boys in it. Its plenty fast enough and I aint never heard of a crappie swimming faster'n 10mph lol.

shoalbass

The question I have is could you still hold on to a chicken legs going that fast?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My boat will run about 45 wide open and that's plenty enough for me. Never saw a fish swim that fast anyway. These lakes up here that are full of floating logs and stuff aren't where you want to be going 100 mph.

FishingAddict

77 was the fastest I've done. That was more than enough. It's wierd, the engine noise goes away, and all you hear is wind...and your cheeks flap like a piece of cloth.