11/12 AM

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Just got into some better service, I haven't shot a deer since December of 2013, honestly haven't went a whole lot either, but my kids wanted to get into it more, I really got to a point where I enjoyed doing plots more than the actual hunting. Used to hunt almost every day 10 plus years ago. I didn't have high hopes for today to actually kill anything but did have high hopes the kids would get to see some deer, any deer, didn't matter what, my son 8 and my daughter 7 both came with me to this little box stand and boys she's a talker, I thought man there's no way we will get to see anything but I'm patient and it was her first time ever going and she was having a blast, my son's been quite a bit; deer hunting, watching, scouting, all kinds of duck hunting but she had never had any interest until this past week. They were in bed last night at 7pm (hasn't ever happened before) got them up at 3:30 and we drove over to my grandfathers farm, he passed 10 years ago, he never deer hunted but he was a sucker for a dove or quail. So we ease in as best as you can with 2 kids, they both got headlamps on, they really get along well, the walk in was filled with their little hearts anticipation and what they might see and hear. We get settled and they have a case of the whispers, totally not real quiet, at this point I'm just praying, Lord please let a doe come by so they can just see a deer today. Around 6:50 I tell them there have been deer here starting around 715 everyday this week, let's try really hard to be as quiet and still as we can be, I look up and to my amazement there's a deer slightly to the right of where our wind should be (pretty much is) going coming down a trail right to us, I reach over and to get their attention and whisper deer, they jump up and one of them gasps, the other ssshhushes loudly, deer (now can be seen its a buck) doesn't break stride, comes in and locks up dead down wind from us, but doesn't run, just stares at the stand. The kids at that point had turned into little statues. I ease the rifle up and squeeze one off, he runs off a little ways into the woods, and my daughter says with a big grin, daddy you know I found a four leaf clover at this farm. She really did up by one of our ponds about a year ago, I had never seen one before, my son is sitting there in shock of I can't believe this just happened then they just go crazy with each other with the giggles 2 kids can get. Top is right after the shot, 2nd is after we got him drug out, and the 3rd was his final trail cam pic from a camera several 100 yards away, he was 206lbs at the processor, havent put a tape on him yet, im guessing maybe a lil over 120" maybe, he was either 4 or 5 im not the best at aging but have had him on cam for atleast 3 years first as an earish wide 8, last year a 10, then as an 11 this year. Kids are the goodluck charm, no other reason a 4plus year old should have came in down wind like that20221112_071704.jpg20221112_084311.jpgScreenshot_20221112-123958_COMMAND.jpg

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Outstanding Evergreen.....awesome story. Lifetime memory for sure.
Congrats!
Thank you, a little more on the 4 leaf clover. I had them down there fishing and my uncle pulls up to crank up the Irrigation pump, and he says something like since you've been planting clover the deer and birds have spread clover all over this farm, you ever found a 4 leaf clover? I said no and I won't tell you how long I've actually looked for one, she bends down pulls something from the ground and says a 4 leaf clover like this one? We all just start laughing in disbelief.

Timberbeast

Just got into some better service, I haven't shot a deer since December of 2013, honestly haven't went a whole lot either, but my kids wanted to get into it more, I really got to a point where I enjoyed doing plots more than the actual hunting. Used to hunt almost every day 10 plus years ago. I didn't have high hopes for today to actually kill anything but did have high hopes the kids would get to see some deer, any deer, didn't matter what, my son 8 and my daughter 7 both came with me to this little box stand and boys she's a talker, I thought man there's no way we will get to see anything but I'm patient and it was her first time ever going and she was having a blast, my son's been quite a bit; deer hunting, watching, scouting, all kinds of duck hunting but she had never had any interest until this past week. They were in bed last night at 7pm (hasn't ever happened before) got them up at 3:30 and we drove over to my grandfathers farm, he passed 10 years ago, he never deer hunted but he was a sucker for a dove or quail. So we ease in as best as you can with 2 kids, they both got headlamps on, they really get along well, the walk in was filled with their little hearts anticipation and what they might see and hear. We get settled and they have a case of the whispers, totally not real quiet, at this point I'm just praying, Lord please let a doe come by so they can just see a deer today. Around 6:50 I tell them there have been deer here starting around 715 everyday this week, let's try really hard to be as quiet and still as we can be, I look up and to my amazement there's a deer slightly to the right of where our wind should be (pretty much is) going coming down a trail right to us, I reach over and to get their attention and whisper deer, they jump up and one of them gasps, the other ssshhushes loudly, deer (now can be seen its a buck) doesn't break stride, comes in and locks up dead down wind from us, but doesn't run, just stares at the stand. The kids at that point had turned into little statues. I ease the rifle up and squeeze one off, he runs off a little ways into the woods, and my daughter says with a big grin, daddy you know I found a four leaf clover at this farm. She really did up by one of our ponds about a year ago, I had never seen one before, my son is sitting there in shock of I can't believe this just happened then they just go crazy with each other with the giggles 2 kids can get. Top is right after the shot, 2nd is after we got him drug out, and the 3rd was his final trail cam pic from a camera several 100 yards away, he was 206lbs at the processor, havent put a tape on him yet, im guessing maybe a lil over 120" maybe, he was either 4 or 5 im not the best at aging but have had him on cam for atleast 3 years first as an earish wide 8, last year a 10, then as an 11 this year. Kids are the goodluck charm, no other reason a 4plus year old should have came in down wind like thatView attachment 1189757View attachment 1189758View attachment 1189759
Best thing I’ve read all week!

Stumpy0429

Just got into some better service, I haven't shot a deer since December of 2013, honestly haven't went a whole lot either, but my kids wanted to get into it more, I really got to a point where I enjoyed doing plots more than the actual hunting. Used to hunt almost every day 10 plus years ago. I didn't have high hopes for today to actually kill anything but did have high hopes the kids would get to see some deer, any deer, didn't matter what, my son 8 and my daughter 7 both came with me to this little box stand and boys she's a talker, I thought man there's no way we will get to see anything but I'm patient and it was her first time ever going and she was having a blast, my son's been quite a bit; deer hunting, watching, scouting, all kinds of duck hunting but she had never had any interest until this past week. They were in bed last night at 7pm (hasn't ever happened before) got them up at 3:30 and we drove over to my grandfathers farm, he passed 10 years ago, he never deer hunted but he was a sucker for a dove or quail. So we ease in as best as you can with 2 kids, they both got headlamps on, they really get along well, the walk in was filled with their little hearts anticipation and what they might see and hear. We get settled and they have a case of the whispers, totally not real quiet, at this point I'm just praying, Lord please let a doe come by so they can just see a deer today. Around 6:50 I tell them there have been deer here starting around 715 everyday this week, let's try really hard to be as quiet and still as we can be, I look up and to my amazement there's a deer slightly to the right of where our wind should be (pretty much is) going coming down a trail right to us, I reach over and to get their attention and whisper deer, they jump up and one of them gasps, the other ssshhushes loudly, deer (now can be seen its a buck) doesn't break stride, comes in and locks up dead down wind from us, but doesn't run, just stares at the stand. The kids at that point had turned into little statues. I ease the rifle up and squeeze one off, he runs off a little ways into the woods, and my daughter says with a big grin, daddy you know I found a four leaf clover at this farm. She really did up by one of our ponds about a year ago, I had never seen one before, my son is sitting there in shock of I can't believe this just happened then they just go crazy with each other with the giggles 2 kids can get. Top is right after the shot, 2nd is after we got him drug out, and the 3rd was his final trail cam pic from a camera several 100 yards away, he was 206lbs at the processor, havent put a tape on him yet, im guessing maybe a lil over 120" maybe, he was either 4 or 5 im not the best at aging but have had him on cam for atleast 3 years first as an earish wide 8, last year a 10, then as an 11 this year. Kids are the goodluck charm, no other reason a 4plus year old should have came in down wind like thatView attachment 1189757View attachment 1189758View attachment 1189759
Awesome story man! They’ll also come to learn like many of us that it’s not about the kill but the experience and the blessing of ability to Pursue a passion. Congrats!

Cool Hand Luke

A great day indeed (y)

bowandgun

I can’t believe it
I had 6 bucks running all around chasing a doe
One shooter right under my tree and could not get him to stop and get shot with crossbow
Maybe they will return
3 8pts

bowandgun

Unbelievable
I need to have my head examined why I didn’t shoot the big one
He was so close I could smell his tarsal glands

Latest posts