11/9 pm

Dupree

About to head in for the evening. I scouted several spots and couldn’t decide between 2 of them. One had old rubs, acorns, and a few fresh scrapes. It was really open woods. The second spot is a steep hardwood ridge that is thicker and it covered in fresh rubs and scrapes everywhere it’s flat enough. I flipped a coin and the coin says I should hunt the steep ridge. Going to leave stand and hunt it again in the morning if I don’t kill tonight. Gonna have to be a good one to be worth the drag. I’ll post some pics if service allows shortly.

Dupree

I could hear running and saw the doe. She angled up the ridge below me and stopped 40 yards from me panting. I heard another deer running, then she took off again. She stopped about 100 yards, squatted and peed, then trotted one over the hill. I still hear commotion in the bottom, but it sounds like a dozen squirrels. If she is ripe, things may get interesting this eve.

Beaudeane

Chattahoochee fall line quota hunt. It’s hot here. Saw nothing this morning, dad on same side of road 1/4 mile away. We’re in thick stuff & scrapes & rubs everywhere but he saw nothing either. Brother is across road in bigger hardwoods area. He saw a buck this morning but said it just disappeared on next ridge from him. Found way more sign in the thick stuff than we did in the bigger hardwoods.

lungbuster123

Hot and miserable. They just finished cutting and moved off our lease this week. Setting over white oaks that are raining like crazy on a thick creek bottom with hardwood draws 100 yards on either side. Not hopeful but we’ll see…this is historically a good cruising and rut spot so anything is possible with a little luck and the big man’s blessing upstairs! Saw 7 in here the other morning…mostly does with zero rut sign.

IMG_8490.jpeg

IMG_8488.jpeg

Mk20rockeye

Settled in here in hart county. On corps land this evening off a major trail in a pinch point. Seen deer on it the last couple of days. Decided to leave the tree saddle at home and sit behind three fallen trees. Good luck and be safe y’all

Dupree

Nothing here except a truckload of squirrels and chipmunks. I’m thinking maybe that doe earlier got bumped and wasn’t being chased.

Liberty

Slick top in view and just heard three shots a few hundred yards away.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
20 mins pinned down by a spike with a sneeze attack...