1985 Remington 1100 Special Field Magnum

rutandstrut

I am looking for a 1985 Remington 1100 "Special Purpose" Magnum, 26" Ribbed Barrel, Fixed Full Choke, Low Luster Stock, Bead Blasted Low Luster Barrel and Action. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell or know of where I can find one for sale? I have tried Gun Trader, Gun Broker etc. etc. and have had no luck!

Here is how the Remington Society Web Site Describes this Gun:

Remington introduced the new Model 1100 SP "Special Purpose" Magnum Shotgun with a low luster finish to the hardwood stock and fore-end and a sandblasted, dull blued finish on all exposed metal parts. This gun has a 3" chamber and a 26", full choke vent rib barrel or 30" full choke barrel. A standard feature was a camouflaged nylon sling and sling swivels. This gun was touted as being "a great choice for turkey hunting in heavy cover, or for fast handling in a blind."

Last edited:

jard

are they marked special or something. I have an 1100 MAg 3" with the 30" full barrel but its shiny

rutandstrut

It is marked as stated above. The ways to distinquish this 110 from others is that the Barrel and Action will a Sand Blasted Dull Blued Finish, Low Luster Stock and Forend, 26" Chrome Lined Ribbed Barrel with a Fixed Full Choke. Most of the internal parts are nickle plated.