2 Year wait, but he is finally ready for me to pick up!

wvdawg

Staff member
Mighty fine!

buckpasser

The mount turned out really well! I hope you admire him often and remember the history when you do. Thanks for sharing!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I killed this buck in November of 19 on a small piece of land that my family owns. I hunted him as hard as I've ever hunted a buck and he was as nocturnal as they come, even from a young age. In the 4 years that I hunted him, I saw him twice in the daylight. The first time was when he was 3.5 and he came by at dusk and when I drew back, I couldn't see through my peep well enough for a shot and thinking I would see him again, I passed the shot. Little did I know that he would become a recluse. My second encounter was the morning of the kill.

Over the next 3 years, up until I killed him, I only had 2 pictures of him in the daylight, once on Christmas Eve and about a week after that when he was 5.5. No daytime pics of him at 4.5 nor 6.5.

I took the deer to be mounted in February of 2020 and my taxidermist had went into semi-retirement and said it would be awhile, I was fine with that but didn't think it would take this long, but he is now ready for me to go pick him up. Here is a preview of the mount and a link to the original thread on the kill if anyone is interested.

The property is now under contract so I am especially happy that I went ahead and had this buck mounted because I never had mounted one off of this property and he will be a way of remembering this land that I grew up on and loved hunting and exploring.

Long history on this buck! | GON Forum

View attachment 1149032
Awesome, man. Pretty buck. I waited two years myself on an eleven that I killed in ‘17. Glad you got him.

01Foreman400

Staff member
The reward is always sweeter when you have to work for it. Great story and congrats on the memories.