2019-2020 Atlanta Hawks thread

BornToHuntAndFish

After being down by 16-pts, nice win for Atlanta over winning record #7 Dallas in the Western Conference who was without injured Luka Doncic.

John Collins is averaging a double double (20-pts, 10-reb), but had one of his best games with 35-pts & 17-reb while Trae Young also had a double double with 25-pts & 10-ast.

Hawks have 5-games this busy week every other day & back to back next Fri. & Sat., Feb. 24, 26, 28, 29, & March 2nd.

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Yep, Cam has been coming on strong lately.

Gonna be a tough road game Monday against winning record 76ers who are 5th in the Eastern Conference.

BornToHuntAndFish

Got a good one going on tonight. Hawks started slow but progressively improved each of the first 3 Qtrs to finally barely take the lead, while 76ers started off hot but dropped off progressively each of the first 3 Qtrs.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161492

Box Score

EDIT UPDATE: 76ers blew out the Hawks in the 4th Qtr by 18 & 1st Qtr by 17 & winning the overall game by 17, but Hawks did win 3rd Qtr by 18. No doubt Atlanta struggles big time trying to hold on to a lead in the 4th Qtr with lots of trouble closing the game out for a win.

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good strong win for the Hawks Friday with 3 players getting double doubles & 6 players scoring in double figures who is having a rough week playing more games than usual & going back to back with another game Saturday. Cam Reddish makes 6 of 9 three-pt shots.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161520

Box Score

Hawks

1st Qtr = 29-pts

2nd Qtr = 39-pts

3rd Qtr = 40-pts

4th Qtr = 33-pts

ER6BwVmW4AIiogw

Time = 9:10

NETS at HAWKS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | February 28, 2020
Atlanta Hawks defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 141-118. John Collins recorded 33 PTS and 13 REB, while Trae Young contributed 22 PTS and 14 AST for the Hawks. Spencer Dinwiddie tallied 24 PTS and 13 AST for the Nets.

:fine:

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Fine back to back wins for the Hawks with 2 double doubles again from Trae Young & John Collins while having 6 players scoring in double digits, including De'Andre Hunter hitting 6 of 9 three-pt shots. Hot scoring 2nd & 3rd Qtrs for Atlanta. Trae also hit 10 out of 10 Free Throw shots.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161530

Box Score

Hawks

2nd Qtr = 40-pts

3rd Qtr = 44-pts

ER_XIQCW4AA_el5

ER_MLhrWoAI0Llo

Time = 9:32

TRAIL BLAZERS at HAWKS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | February 29, 2020
Atlanta Hawks defeated the Portland Trail Blazers, 129-117. Trae Young led the way for the Hawks with 25 PTS and 15 AST, while John Collins added 24 PTS and 10 REB in the victory. CJ McCollum tallied a game-high 35 PTS, along with 5 REB and 5 AST for the Trail Blazers.

:bounce:

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

After the Hawks were crushed last game by 39-pts & having a very weak 2nd Half of that game with poor defense as usual, hope Atlanta can get back to winning with 19-games left in the season.

Trae Young is not in tonight's game, but is experiencing "flu-like symptoms". Hope he does not have the COVID-19 Coronavirus.

Clint Capela with his injury has shifted his status from being "out" to "day-to-day", but his 1st Hawks game is soon which should then start taking the team to the next higher level of performance.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28852685/trae-young-vs-wiz-flu-symptoms

Trae Young out vs. Wiz with flu-like symptoms

:eek:

westcobbdog

Hawks are flat out embarrassing defensively. Period. Literally 3 Hawks can’t cover 1 dude. College teams play better team defense. I can’t watch that junk.

BornToHuntAndFish

Hawks' weak 3rd Qtr scoring & giving away 3-times more Free Throws than they received could've been game changers in their 6-pt. loss.

BornToHuntAndFish

Born if you are in charge of the draft what position do you address first, where nearly everywhere we have a need?

I don't get to watch much & don't follow the NBA or college close enough to know enough for decent guesses, but you & many others have way better guesses to offer. The draft needs to be balanced with potential free agents available, too. From what I've heard, this is a weak year for trying to sign free agents & college draft is fairly weak, too.

For most of the season, Hawks have been losing the rebounding battle, but before the trade deadline acquired 2 big injured players that are still not healthy enough to play yet which are Clint Capela (avg's double double in scoring & rebounds, had 22-pts & 22-rebs last time playing against us) & Skal Labissiere. After those 2 big guys play several games or 10 games, we can see how well they contribute & work with current players to see results of good chemistry playing & in the clubhouse, then examine & analyze top team needs. Sounds like Capela will be examined in a couple weeks to see if he's healed up enough to play games.

Biggest needs I see for Atlanta are scoring, rebounding, & defense which are probably obvious to many, along with the need for 1 or 2 more superstars which is obvious, too. Getting good all around players that have significant potential for double doubles or triple doubles is always a high priority, which again is obvious.

Knowing our luck, Hawks may start winning too much in the last 18-games of the season & mess up the draft by dropping in the selection order.

Off the top of my head, would be great if Atlanta could draft UGA's freshman "Antman" Anthony Edwards who is expected to go high in the draft, but lesser known Dayton's sophomore Obi Toppin would be another good acquisition.

Nice having Trae Young playing in tonight's game, but Hawks are currently having a weak scoring 1st Qtr with Memphis Grizzlies doubling our scoring.

I expect you have lots of thoughts to offer on Atlanta's draft needs & priorities.

Hawks are expected to go to NBA playoffs next season as a last chance before management blows up the team again & getting a new head coach. Potential is possibly there for playoffs if Atlanta can stay healthy & young players keep improving & developing, but I'm skeptical as usual needing to see a winning record season before having chances of going to playoffs in next season after that.

westcobbdog

think I would go big ugly vs our current Charmin soft style of play we need some bangers who can play defense and rebound with an attitude.

BornToHuntAndFish

After getting behind by 20-pts in 1st Qtr, Hawks never could make up much ground on that big lead the whole game.

At least in the funny video, the dude made improvements along the way showing anyone can play, like, & understand basketball.::ke:

BornToHuntAndFish

Good competitive game against the Hornets tonight with both teams shooting well with high %'s from long & short range & both teams scoring strong in the 30's for the 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Qtrs as they start the 4th, tying in the 1st Qtr then Hawks barely winning the next 2 Qtrs.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
OT

BornToHuntAndFish

2OT

:bounce:

* Edit Update . . .

Cool, close, competitive game win for Hawks with 3 double doubles & almost a 4th along with 6 players scoring in double figures. If Atlanta would've hit their regular 80-90% of their Free Throws, then no OT needed for the win, but the Hawks only made 59% Free Throws against Charlotte's 91% FT.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161599

Box Score

EStsLuUWsAAc71n

EStnYSdXYAEgpog

EStedCXX0AAUfWR

EStUcMDWsAYbDql

EStNr6nXkAUdssv

35-seconds

Time = 9:38

HORNETS at HAWKS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | March 9, 2020
The Atlanta Hawks defeated the Charlotte Hornets, 143-138 in double-overtime. Trae Young (31 PTS, 16 AST) and John Collins (28 PTS, 11 REB, 2 BLK) led the way for the Hawks, while Terry Rozier recorded a career-high 40 PTS (8 3PM) for the Hornets.

Next Game . . .
ESt_XzvWAAEcfv9

:rockon:

Last edited:

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Was down 23 now tied. Young shot a 3 from Bass Pro

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
OT again

BornToHuntAndFish

Thought I could count on you following the game. Awesome rocking 4th Qtr comeback with Hawks finally winning a Qtr with 40-pts. Atlanta improved each Qtr with NY winning by less & less.

:rockon: