2021 is a repeat, in a bad way

longbowdave1

November 7th 2020 I shot a buck with my recurve on my 1 week rut hunt. November 8th, 2020 I was flat on my back, hit hard with covid. I missed the peak if the rut. Just barely pulled myself in the stand for the gun hunt 3rd week of November.

Found out friday night, my daughter has covid and pretty sick for the last week, and my wife has it as well. I have been trying to help each of them running between both houses.

So far I'm good, getting tested tomorrow. I'm supposed to be off all next week for the rut bowhunt. I will be out of work due to contact for awhile. I'll either have a lot of hunting time,or be laid up again. Frustrating.

I have 1 doe and 1 buck tag left for bow season, if I make it back in the stand this week, there will be no free passes for any deer.

Cold front coming in tonight and stating fir the next 5 days .Temps are calling for 42/29 until saturday. Not much rut activity yet.

longbowdave1

So far I have no symptoms, I get tested at noon tomorrow. My daughter has had a very rough week, but I think she is now headed in the right direction. My wife is still home, but very sick.

turkeykirk

Best wishes for health and you getting a deer.

Wifeshusband

Prayers for you. My wife had a heart attack in OCT 2018 and I only got to go once. First season in many, many years I did not get a deer. But taking care of her took priority. Hope you get to go. Thumps up on that "no free passes."

Andy12

Very unlikely you’ll get it again. Praying for your wife and daughter.
Antibodies aren’t all that matters when it comes to Covid. If your T cells recognize it that’s what counts. They did a study on people that had SARS not to long ago, ( which is 80% the same as Covid) and peoples T cells recognized the virus 17 years later, but it will not show up in the antibody test, but they are still immune to the virus.
In theory Covid should be the same.
Again very unlikely you’ll get it but not impossible.
Good luck.