2021 Oglethorpe County

Souhternhunter17

Made it down for a sunday morning hunt in Oglethorpe. It was rainy, how and slow. I didnt see squat and my buddy saw a yearling. Headed down to Greene Co. for the afternoon and had a great dove shoot though. One of My long time best friends (who I am teaching the ropes of hunting) was able to kill his first bird ??. All and all a solid day in the woods and field. EEC8D4BA-521E-4785-879C-12B19E9037B4.jpeg

transfixer

Made it down for a couple days. Saw 8 this afternoon. Does and Buttons. Only 2 of us in camp. Will have to hunt in between storms tomorrow looks like.

I'm watching the weather closely, depending on how much rain the area over there gets today and tomorrow will determine whether I go to camp or not, I know I can get in and out of there,, I just really don't want to deal with getting all the mud out from under my truck afterwards ,, lol

Todd E already saw what I meant about our main road into the place a few weeks ago ,,, lol

Buford_Dawg

Well, tried to get in a hunt, no go, broke camp and drove home this AM. Rained all night hard and then some and no let up this AM. I may be done for the season... Winterized camper and thorough cleaning before I left today. Gotta remove feeders and stands here soon as loggers are supposedly heading in to log and thin in the next 3 months. OC is a wet mess at the moment with lots of rain still forecasted.