45 LC Article - Cool read

Anvil Head

They seem reasonably priced...Thanks!

Is yours Saddle Tan or Chocolate Brown?
I think I did that one in saddle tan and used oil/wax finish. They are quite easy to make and I'd offer to make you one, but it is his lively hood + he has access to the specific gun for a "best" fit. You can't go wrong with his work.

Gunpowder

"The 45 Colt is my favorite pistol round wether loaded to original specs in my colt or loaded hot in my Blackhawk. It is fun to shoot and will handle any game I choose to hunt."

Amen to that! She's my go to, never fail, favorite as well. Ruger BH paired with my Henry BB - all good. Jacked up for big game and mild for plinking....Cowboy Up!
View attachment 1002345
Anvil head, do you have more info on who made the slling ? Message me with info. Thanks

Jester896

Senior Clown
It is Brass Stacker and I was able to go to their site the other day but now my anti-virus program will not allow it

Anvil Head

Let me check with Rick and see how he wants to handle this. Not had a problem with the antivirus issue, but then I can just pick up the phone. He was selling them through BrassTackers, but he may have a more simpler route.
He will be with me at Trackrock Hammer-in next month (March 13, 14) in Blairsville if you'd like to make personal contact and discuss details and preferences. Be a lot of custom forged knives/makers there as well. Go down to Hobbies/crafts section here on Woody's for details on the event.
Just a note: I made the one in the pic based on a pattern he sent me (insider craftsman trading thing). The sheath is amazingly well thought out and still fairly simple if you have the right tools and knowledge. There are several versions available, but I prefer simple. He may have it copywrited or patented - this I don't know, so this is part of the reason I defer to him.
Once I get info from Rick I'll give you fellas the info by posting here. Thank you for the inquires - Rick and I trade referrals all the time.

Anvil Head

Got a quick response from Brother Rick. He can be contacted directly through the following ways:
www.rlocustomleather.com email: rick@rlocustomleather or call 828-275-4532.

Anvil Head

Not sure I understand, I get his website not BSTr's when I go to web site. I know the email & number go direct to him. Rick does a wide variety of quality leather work. Never been surprised with what he does. We shared the same mentor (he used to make some pretty nice knives, but went leather and I stayed at the forge).

Jester896

Senior Clown
the RLO link is a different site than I originally visited. I was able to find what I was looking for quickly and I believe it was Brass Tacker. Now when I search it I get Brass Stacker not Brass Tacker. The anti virus says no no to the Brass Stacker site.

Anvil Head

Wow, some hi-jack there! Yeah, wouldn't open that site at all. Contact RLo and he can directly advise. He was making pretty much all of **'s leather gear.

oldfella1962

Love my 45 LC! Its a great round. This is a SAA I inherited from my uncle. She was shipped from Colt to Richards and Conover Hardware in Kansas City on August 15, 1907. She loves a 250 grain cast bullet over 6.0 grains of Red Dot.

View attachment 998262

1907? that's "the real deal" right there!