sawtooth

Doe number 5. Second one from the ground this year. . I got settled into a blowdown that was courtesy of hurricane Michael. I was maybe 8-10 yards from an old logging trail. The deer use it when they cross the transmission right of way and head into the woods. Pretty early on, like 5:45, a group of five does were headed straight for me. I had to put my phone down because I was playing and not paying attention at all. What happens next is crazy. The lead doe (radar) walks right up to me and passes at less than three yards. Then the others follow her. The fourth and fifth in line stopped at about 8 yards and I was planning on letting them pass and then zip one quartering away. As they passed both deer stopped and stared at something in the opposite direction. So I drew and thumped the biggest one. My cedar arrow caught her mid rib on my side and when she turned to run I saw the exit hole and I knew she wasn’t gonna go too far. I watched her tip over and I just sat there until dark. The whole thing was intense.This Waldrop pacseat and guillie suit is the way to go. Every deer was close enough for me to count their whiskers. I’m going to stay on the ground from now on I think. Thank you Lord.
Big Jim Buffalo longbow
Cedar arrow
Wensel woodsman
B6DBBE42-8043-40D7-9FE5-56D3DE506708.jpeg87E94C19-5597-45AC-9332-7BB61340ECA0.jpegEF8D22E8-0D4F-4D9E-9BAB-7203F4F73E81.jpeg

Hillbilly stalker

Congratulations on a great hunt bud ! That will get the old thumper pounding for sure ! Nice deer !(y)

hambone76

Congratulations Dendy! You are having a fantastic season! Glad for you!

Love it!! May i ask about your Guilie suit? Brand place to purchase etc. I have one of big Jim’s bush in a bag but haven’t tried it other than couple of turkey hunts.

dpoole

Have been ground hunting this year also it just ain’t come together yet

JB in GA

Hey Dendy how is that suit to anchor and shoot? Did you have to alter it much for string clearance?

Al33

Wow, what a hunt!!! Congratulations Dendy!!! At my age i need to do more ground hunting. Going to have to look at the Guillies.