6mm Dasher

rmp

That makes two of us!
I’m normally a very patient person except when I’ve got all the parts to put one together. Been waiting months on my 284 Win and 6.5 to be completed but unfortunately the guy doing the work had an accident. Took a digger and was off his feet for 2 months. All the more reason I need to do all of my own stuff.

Obtaining BRA parts just took a backseat as the wife and I took a few hits. Yes, I can be patient. ****, I waited 2.5 years for my second Shiloh and didn’t think anything of it.

Little progress today on one.

105 Amax. A before and after checking function. Going to Colorado next week for work so this gets delayed a little more.

3249083E-DEEF-44A1-8F7D-80DFD062D127.jpeg

FC5DFD41-7506-45CD-901D-5BCC733FB221.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
:) the neck looks even longer after fire forming. It almost doesn't look like the base of the bullet comes below the neck. I have to admit I don't know much about the 6BRA or 6BRAi although it is somewhat similar to the Dasher but the neck is shorter on the Dasher.

rmp

Bedded, modified the ejector, set the single shot follower, and made a few cartridges. I’m using the 105 Amax with Varget for fire forming loads although I’ve heard of people competing while fire forming brass. Strong endorsement of the BR case. We shall see.

.015” off lands and plenty of neck. 1.685” BTO

CE4631C2-8317-4BC8-9461-7A52ABFE727F.jpeg

Last edited:

rmp

We’re supposed to get high winds this afternoon so tried to get through the drifts on nearby BLM this morning. Because this rifle is for someone else, I tried to do barrel break-in accordingly.

First 5 shot group through it at 100 yards below. Off to a good start considering no real load development. Just using up some leftover Amax. Shooting from a bench would probably help too.

1” dot. My ballistic AE app isn’t working otherwise I would have the shots plotted.
84DB7CA0-E5DA-4E36-B712-6BD826D77C00.jpeg

Dub

We’re supposed to get high winds this afternoon so tried to get through the drifts on nearby BLM this morning. Because this rifle is for someone else, I tried to do barrel break-in accordingly.

First 5 shot group through it at 100 yards below. Off to a good start considering no real load development. Just using up some leftover Amax. Shooting from a bench would probably help too.

1” dot. My ballistic AE app isn’t working otherwise I would have the shots plotted.
View attachment 1218653

This is showing promise of greatness right from the start !!!!!!

rmp

Thank you for that.
I downloaded the Ballistic X App this morning.
We got another skiff of snow last night but I’m hoping to get out this afternoon to form more cases.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Wow!!!!

That is some serious shooting.
Steady & perfect windage.

Would love to see the gun & optic if you have pics.
@Dub it has a different color stock than mine, same action, and maybe the same barrel. It has a Nightforce Competition with an FCR-1 reticle where I use the DDR-2 in mine.

That target was shot yesterday in the varying winds we had here...shooter just took the time to shoot the same conditions.

rmp

@rmp here are 10 shots from my Buddy’s rifle that sold last weekend @ 675 yards.

View attachment 1220519
Very nice. Must admit, I’m getting impatient about putting mine together. Sure is fun.
I shot a few VLD’s in my friends but nothing to get too excited over. Probably give it another try with a .015” jam. Still fire forming. Sending off for a Harrells Precision sizer.
Yeah, wind is our biggest obstacle. Flags and socks make all the difference but still tough depending on the day and of course the distance. Only way to get better is learning to read it.

rmp

How far off the lands were you or are you talking jamming the bullet?
If this is for me, I was .005” off with the VLD’s. 5 shots went into .742” at 100 so not enthused in the slightest. Next ones will be .015” in the lands.

We’ve got weather rolling in and a chance of snow so loaded up some 108 Berger’s and 105 Scenars. Mostly just playing while forming brass. After that’s all done, we’ll work on ladders based off what we’ve seen showing potential.

Pretty sure Jester is “soft seating” above. Light neck tension with a bullet seated long. The lands set the bullet back as you close the bolt.

Jester896

Senior Clown
rmp is correct if that was directed to me. I think I am running about .003 off now and that is what I used to shoot the 300 yard target.