Scope options

mwood1985

I have a heavy profile barrel .22-250 id like to get a target turret style scope for. Primary uses being target shooting and varmints out to 400 yards or so. What's everyone's opinions on a good scope that won't break the bank

lampern

Leupold is offering rebates on some of their scopes

bighonkinjeep

For a heavy barreled 22-250 I'd definitely recommend the Burris E1 6.5-20X50. It has an etched christmas tree style reticle thats calibrated to match the trajectory of the 22-250 with a 55gr bullet out to 600 yards with holdoffs for drop and wind.
They've been on clearance from quite a few places for about the last month and most places are sold out but there are still a few out there on Amazon etc.
Its what I currently run on my Savage model 12BVSS in 22-250 and.I like it a lot.
Good clear glass with fully multicoated index matched lenses and a forever warranty you wont need and it wont break the bank. It has a side focus for parralax adjustment and finger adjustable turrets with steel on steel clicks. Once zeroed i dont fool with my turrets preferring to use the BDC matched reticle for holdover
Check out some reviews. There a bunch of them online

Here's one left...

Last edited:

Tight Lines

I have a Swaro on my 6.5CM. It's money once it is dialed in out to 400 yards. Can be set up for more, but with the tactical turrets and the app, after plugging in the round...all I do is range it, dial, hold, and squeeze. I practice on prairie dog targets out to 400 yards and can head shoot them just about every single shot...

It isn't the least expensive scope but at 6 PM last night, I could still count the tines on the 8s in the food plot and could have fired if I chose. That was exactly 30 minutes after sundown...