A Christian Government in America

Would you like to see a truly Christian Bible-based government in the US?

• Total voters

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Reading another thread made me curious. How many would support a Christian Bible-based government in the US, where the law of the Bible is the only law of the land and everyone had to live by it?

mtnwoman

I said I dunno, only because I wish....like a huge church.

But in reality, I think no, that would never work...because obviously none of us could abide and we can't make other people abide.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Would you like to see a truly Christian Bible-based government".

You bet I would, and I'm certain it'd be better than what we got now.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Depends on who is doing the "translations." We could end up with Sharia law, only a Christian version.

Honestly, no. See post #2.

thedeacon

Depends on who is doing the "translations." We could end up with Sharia law, only a Christian version.

Honestly, no. See post #2.

I believe the question included the word TRULY.

That would be great to live in a TRULY Christian Sociaty and governed by TRUE Christians, to be judged by TRUE Christians.

Is there TRULY a TRUE CHRISTIAN here that would not like that.

If that were TRUE what would we so called Christians have to give up to have that.

The best question is, would we be willing to give up the part of the world that we love the most to live in a TRULY Chirstian country. In fact I am laughing now at the answers I anticipate. hehehehehehehe

God Bless

Georgia Hard Hunter

I don't want any government telling me what to do in regards to religion. Separation of Church and State is one on the concepts that make this country FREE and GREAT. This "Christain Government" only works until it has to make its first decision of the Bible's word then half the Christian support leaves because they believe the Bible said something else and it is different than their beliefs
Not many things more volatile than Christians discussing Religion!!!!!! and not many people are more "correct" than A Christian Discussing HIS religion

Last edited:

hummdaddy

all christians can not even agree on their own religion ...how would they ever form a government that would work for them all and non-christians...

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
So, most Christians are more comfortable with politics and greed, and lust for money than a "truly Christian Bible-based government" .
Might have a point there.
Think of all the things that would change....... It would be terrible wouldn't it.
No more hating and destroying our enemy.
No more dropping bunker-bombs on little stone homes where children live with the hopes that the 'informant' might be right.

You're right brothers. It'd be just toooooooo scary for us to be wholey Christian. We need a little worldliness sprinkled in there to keep us from doing stupid things, like our Lord did.
Like our good ol southern beliefs concerning the death penalty.
(for you Gordy).

SneekEE

Upon Christs return there will be a Christian Bible-based government in the US, hope the christians are in support of that govt when it comes.

SneekEE

all christians can not even agree on their own religion ...how would they ever form a government that would work for them all and non-christians...

The same way they did when this govt was originaly formed, b4 the civil war, before all the tax hikes, mass influx of illegal aliens, unions, ect.ect.ect

SneekEE

I don't want any government telling me what to do in regards to religion. Separation of Church and State is one on the concepts that make this country FREE and GREAT. This "Christain Government" only works until it has to make its first decision of the Bible's word then half the Christian support leaves because they believe the Bible said something else and it is different than their beliefs
Not many things more volatile than Christians discussing Religion!!!!!! and not many people are more "correct" than A Christian Discussing HIS religion

Not many things more volatile than Christians discussing Religion!!!!!!

LOL! only draw=back to a christian only type nation is it produces a sheltered mind that is ignorant of the depths of other religions ability to be violently inhumane for breaking the least of its laws.But since we are not a christian only type govt it is clear we dont have anyone in this country like that.

thedeacon

I will have to say this thread has been one of the most eye opening threads I have ever been witness to.

Interpret that.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Whether or not we consider the word "true" in the equation, we have to understand that government represents force. Taxes are a necessity of government, they are collected through implied force. Laws are upheld through force. The only way to remove force is to assume complete benevolence (freely pay taxes and follow all laws without need of force) of the population, which will not happen, if it did, we are talking about a utopian society which would require no government at all.

So, if we had a "true christian govt," we would not need govt, or the "true christian govt" would have to use force. I can't get on board with using force to advance a belief system. I don't see where Jesus would have endorsed such a practice either. In fact, I don't recall if Jesus ever lobbied the govt for anything. He was more of a rebel type.

Hope that clears it up for the folks who have implied a "true christian" would endorse a "true christian govt."

hummdaddy

The same way they did when this govt was originaly formed, b4 the civil war, before all the tax hikes, mass influx of illegal aliens, unions, ect.ect.ect

if i am not mistaken some of our great leaders believed in Diesm not Christianity

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Whether or not we consider the word "true" in the equation, we have to understand that government represents force. Taxes are a necessity of government, they are collected through implied force. Laws are upheld through force. The only way to remove force is to assume complete benevolence (freely pay taxes and follow all laws without need of force) of the population, which will not happen, if it did, we are talking about a utopian society which would require no government at all.

So, if we had a "true christian govt," we would not need govt, or the "true christian govt" would have to use force. I can't get on board with using force to advance a belief system. I don't see where Jesus would have endorsed such a practice either. In fact, I don't recall if Jesus ever lobbied the govt for anything. He was more of a rebel type.

Hope that clears it up for the folks who have implied a "true christian" would endorse a "true christian govt."

What I meant in the original post by "true" Christian government where the law of the Bible is the law of the land is just what it says-no laws except those in the Christian Bible, and all laws and rules in the Bible to be followed as law. In effect, government by the Ten Commandments and the rest of biblical law: Sharia law, Christian version. This has been an eye-opening thread for me, also.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
What I meant in the original post by "true" Christian government where the law of the Bible is the law of the land is just what it says-no laws except those in the Christian Bible, and all laws and rules in the Bible to be followed as law. In effect, government by the Ten Commandments and the rest of biblical law: Sharia law, Christian version. This has been an eye-opening thread for me, also.

Then I change my vote!!!!!

God's law, to include the Gospel of our Lord, was not formulated with the intent to be the law of the land. It's only useful to God's people. It teaches Christians to settle their differences among themselves with the Churches' help rather than taking each other to civil court.
It's only useful for those who willingly accept God's rule in their life.

But, a government "based" on Christianity would be a welcomed government.

centerpin fan

If the OP had been phrased like this, I suspect other "yes" votes would change to "no".