A Christian Government in America

Would you like to see a truly Christian Bible-based government in the US?

• Total voters

Michael F. Gray

It does sound good. Problem is government always anages to corrupt itself, or at least attract power hungry folks who seem to suffer that affliction. Where it's been tried it's been a dismal failure. What can work is a democracy led by born again, washed in the blood of Christ individuals who live lives tempered with honesty, integrity, and live before all as if the proverbial glass house. Not many around who want the hassle.

and

It does sound good. Problem is government always anages to corrupt itself, or at least attract power hungry folks who seem to suffer that affliction. Where it's been tried it's been a dismal failure. What can work is a democracy led by born again, washed in the blood of Christ individuals who live lives tempered with honesty, integrity, and live before all as if the proverbial glass house. Not many around who want the hassle.

with a few word substitutions you have just described EVERY "church" that has ever been created.

The examples are there down through the ages from when the prophets Jesus and Muhammad (sp?) lived until now.

Thus, given that "churches" are typically founded on fictional and time based self-absorbed writings that have been edited by a sitting "leader" to serve some sort of agenda, I personally will take a pass.

Last edited:

JB0704

I Gots Goats
What I meant in the original post by "true" Christian government where the law of the Bible is the law of the land is just what it says-no laws except those in the Christian Bible, and all laws and rules in the Bible to be followed as law. In effect, government by the Ten Commandments and the rest of biblical law: Sharia law, Christian version. This has been an eye-opening thread for me, also.

My response would be the same, no thanks. The Biblical laws would have to be forced on folks, and, to me, that is against the whole point to start with.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

In Christs kingdom, there are no government officials, no boundaries, no countries, no leaders, no kings except for Jesus Christ our Lord. He and He alone rules and reigns and we with Him. All earthly kingdoms will be swallowed up by the Kingdom of our God. No taxes, no bills, no gas hikes, no liberals, no conservatives, no enemies for He has destroyed them all, no war, no famine, no pestilence, no life considered unworthy, no religion out of the minds of men, no pain, no imperfections, no sin and no death. I can only imagine the coming Kingdom and its' Glory, when all things are set in proper order and design.

Until that Day, man will continue to try to rule, with some success but much failure along the way, for most attempt to rule without Christ as King.

We as believers know the Power and wonder of Christs' rule for we have experienced it in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Yet though we wish it for all men, we know it cannot be forced, it must be chosen! Our Father would have it no other way!

Amen...

No taxes, no bills, no gas hikes, no liberals, no conservatives, no enemies for He has destroyed them all, no war, no famine, no pestilence, no life considered unworthy, no religion out of the minds of men, no pain, no imperfections, no sin and no death. I can only imagine the coming Kingdom and its' Glory, when all things are set in proper order and design.

So true and so utopian. Perhaps we can get all of humanity in synch one day.

Maybe one day we can even define the question of he or she and whose kingdom if such a concept exists as it does seem to spawn directly from your notion of "no religion out of the minds of men".

Religions that came from the minds of men and the falsified and modified scriptures that are offered today as the norm are appalling at best. They were written to influence the largely uneducated masses back in the day and to assimilate other belief structures...it was one of the most perfectly excuted literary frauds ever.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

Perhaps we can get all of humanity in synch one day

In synch with Jesus Christ our King at His coming, well, that's all we need. It's coming and I hope you are onboard the train!

SneekEE

if i am not mistaken some of our great leaders believed in Diesm not Christianity

Usualy I am the one who is mistaken, but in this case I am positive that the only great leaders were christians.The rest were confused but have since been completly presuaded that Jesus Christ is Lord and no man comes to the Father except by Him..:D

SneekEE

What I meant in the original post by "true" Christian government where the law of the Bible is the law of the land is just what it says-no laws except those in the Christian Bible, and all laws and rules in the Bible to be followed as law. In effect, government by the Ten Commandments and the rest of biblical law: Sharia law, Christian version. This has been an eye-opening thread for me, also.

Wait... what christian version of sharia law are you referring too??? As far as the 10 commandments most of our laws came from the bible originaly. I dont think anyone wants murder, theft, ect ect to become legal. Well, some may, especial those in jail for those crimes.:O

rjcruiser

What did Jesus tell the Pharisees when they asked what was the most important law of Moses?

He replied telling them to Love the Lord your God with all your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Imagine...if everyone loved their neighbor as themselves...I don't think we'd have any problems in society.

StriperAddict

In Christs kingdom, there are no government officials, no boundaries, no countries, no leaders, no kings except for Jesus Christ our Lord. He and He alone rules and reigns and we with Him. All earthly kingdoms will be swallowed up by the Kingdom of our God. No taxes, no bills, no gas hikes, no liberals, no conservatives, no enemies for He has destroyed them all, no war, no famine, no pestilence, no life considered unworthy, no religion out of the minds of men, no pain, no imperfections, no sin and no death. I can only imagine the coming Kingdom and its' Glory, when all things are set in proper order and design.

Until that Day, man will continue to try to rule, with some success but much failure along the way, for most attempt to rule without Christ as King.

We as believers know the Power and wonder of Christs' rule for we have experienced it in our hearts by the Holy Spirit. Yet though we wish it for all men, we know it cannot be forced, it must be chosen! Our Father would have it no other way!

Amen. The rule of Christ in men's hearts is by invitation now, not by anything the rule of men can accomplish.

While I welcome and pray that our leaders would connect with the love and mercy of God in Christ, it is not the object of leaders to do any means of force evangelism. This is where the true separation of the State from the Spiritual roles in the church of Christ must differ, according to the Word of God.

The Foreigner

Christ said "my kingdom is not of this world" - perhaps we should take our lead from him on this one.

Peace.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Amen. The rule of Christ in men's hearts is by invitation now, not by anything the rule of men can accomplish.

While I welcome and pray that our leaders would connect with the love and mercy of God in Christ, it is not the object of leaders to do any means of force evangelism. This is where the true separation of the State from the Spiritual roles in the church of Christ must differ, according to the Word of God.

Amen.
My safety in life doesn't depend upon whether or not a republican or a democrat becomes the president. The tea party might have some wonderful goals in mind, but it isn't they who will assure my standard of living.
Not wallstreet. I'm trying to think of a word I can use that will be proper and also not set off the auto censor.
But everything else is no more than a cow patty.
It is God thru Jesus Christ that we live for, not the government.

TheBishop

Usualy I am the one who is mistaken, but in this case I am positive that the only great leaders were christians.The rest were confused but have since been completly presuaded that Jesus Christ is Lord and no man comes to the Father except by Him..:D

You are sadly mistaken. John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and it can even be suggested that George Washington was a diest. Adams, Jefferson, and Franklin penned the DOI, along with 2 Christians, Robert Livingston and Roger Sherman. The constitutions author James Madison was extremely adamant, and rightfully so, about keeping religion and politics seperate.

I would fight to the death to prevent any theocracy. Throughout history they have been some of the most (and still are today) oppressive governments ever assembled. They NEVER promote freesdom. By the very definition you must surrender your beliefs to the state.

Our forefathers had a unique oppritunity. A clean slate to choose any government they wanted. Yes, they were a group of men whose majority was christian. Yet they chose to institute a government void of religion. Why? They understood nothing good ever comes when you mix religion and politics.

Big7

The Oracle
Upon Christs return there will be a Christian Bible-based government in the US, hope the christians are in support of that govt when it comes.

Maybe I'm wrong.. (not likely but it does happen:D)

I thought when Jesus comes again.. He is taking the believers "home".. Not to a gooberment? :biggrin2:

ambush80

I would get behind a Christian government if it was the UCC Christians or the Universalist Christians.

Genocide is glorious? Also, how do you destroy them all yet have no war?

I would fight to the death to prevent any theocracy. Throughout history they have been some of the most (and still are today) oppressive governments ever assembled. They NEVER promote freesdom. By the very definition you must surrender your beliefs to the state.

Our forefathers had a unique oppritunity. A clean slate to choose any government they wanted. Yes, they were a group of men whose majority was christian. Yet they chose to institute a government void of religion. Why? They understood nothing good ever comes when you mix religion and politics.

Well put.